News   Apr 25, 2024
 120     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 381     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

On the abortion debate, there are two extremes.

Left extreme. The fetus does not count as a human until the day before it is born and killing it is allowed since it is not a human.
Right extreme. The fetus is a human being the moment after conception as it has its own 46 unique chromosomes, and it is subject laws related to all humans.

Strange thing is that most Canadians are somewhere in the middle - likely admitting that the fetus is a human being, but considering it acceptable to take the life at a relatively early state. There could be the arguments as to whether this early state is 10 weeks, 16 weeks, or 22 weeks. Funding seems to be placed somewhere near these limits, but the law is not. The law was like this, but thanks to the Charter of Rights, activist judges, and fearful politicians it was removed.

The other interesting thing is that Justin Trudeau's stance is this extreme left wing position. Not only that, he forces every other Liberal MP to share this extreme left wing view. He also tied summer jobs funding to people who attest to supporting the most extreme left wing view.

On the abortion debate, there are two extremes.

Strange thing is that most Canadians are somewhere in the middle - likely admitting that the fetus is a human being, but considering it acceptable to take the life at a relatively early state. There could be the arguments as to whether this early state is 10 weeks, 16 weeks, or 22 weeks. Funding seems to be placed somewhere near these limits, but the law is not. The law was like this, but thanks to the Charter of Rights, activist judges, and fearful politicians it was removed.

The other interesting thing is that Justin Trudeau's stance is this extreme left wing position. Not only that, he forces every other Liberal MP to share this extreme left wing view. He also tied summer jobs funding to people who attest to supporting the most extreme left wing view.

The law was like what? Procuring (assisting, participating in, etc.) was a criminal offence that the Supreme Court struck down as violating the Charter. There has never been any criminal law outlining term limits. The Charter is the supreme law in Canada. That's our system. Is a panel of judges activist because they apply a Charter test to laws brought before it? That's their job. That no other law has been proposed is a political issue, not a legal or moral one.

The PM "forces" party discipline - just like every single other party does and has in our system. Not hearing many alternative opinions on any topic emanating from the Ford or Sheer caucus rooms.

Well, those pro-life Canadians are sweet out of luck. Scheer doesn't want to touch the issue, nor does Bernier. They are stuck with the Christian Heritage Party, which ran a whopping 30 candidates and got 15,000 votes last time.

It is sad that I am a bit late to the topic about the MAGA teens incident because I really could have made my point before people started backtracking because I realized the incident was overblown BEFORE people started backtracking.
In my opinion if you are going to start a twitter witch against anybody, but especially teenagers, you better have some serious evidence of a serious crime. Even before all information was out there the absolute worst case scenario is that a bunch of teenagers were being rude to an elderly native American man, which is bad but do you really need a twitter witch hunt to solve this issue? Secondly, it was obvious that the original video did not show enough context. Literally the video shows a group of people surrounding the man and acting disrespectfully to him and didn't. Again it was not a good look for the teenagers but there was no assault or anything like that. People were angry over one boys stare. This could have been dealt with without the twitter witchhunt. They were legitimately receiving death threats and verified twitter accounts were leading the charge to get their information released. You know underage people who commit actual crimes don't have their names released to the public for a reason right. In fact, having that as policy is a lot more of left wing position than a right wing one. So left wing people trying to name and shame these boys and being pretty hypocritical in my opinion.

Anyway I am going to try to respond to some arguments above

Right. Maga hats, Tomahawk chop, making fun of the drummer.

Yes they were being disrespectful to a drummer and wearing hats in support of the president of the country they live. Even before it was known that the man voluntarily walked into the group do these actions warrant an all out twitter assault?

Let's separate out the maybe(s), the what ifs and the suppositions from the agreed upon facts shall we?

Young men, students of an all-male catholic high school from Kentucky, were on an official high school field trip, to attend a rally against a woman's right to choose.

This was not done on their own time, or with their parents, but on a school field trip, about this, there is no dispute.

Let's stop right there and ask if there is anything remotely appropriate about such a trip?

No reflexes here.......this is not a freedom of speech question, this is a school field trip question. Would you, as a Conservative minded person, be ok with public school students (as part of an official school trip) attending a rally that
removed men's rights, or sought to seize private property?

Let's be honest, the answer is no.

Had the trip not occurred, none of this happens.

Let's move on to agreed upon fact two. A substantial number of the young students in question were wearing MAGA hats.

These are clearly associated with Mr. Trump and with what could only charitably be called the politics of division. That would be true even if you agreed w/said politics as no one would suggest
he is not controversial.

They were wearing these hats while on an official school field trip. I would consider it normative that on field trips with one's school one is discouraged from wearing anything that would be seen to be offensive
or controversial since you don't want to attract negative attention for yourself or your school.

Clearly not the case here.

Now lets turn to fact three, we can agree that a group calling itself the Black Hebrews was absolutely goading and taunting the young men, and that is unacceptable.

However, there were 5 of them, and a school group that was literally larger by more than an order of magnitude. No one disputes this.

The students had chaperones with them.

Would not one assume, that the most reasonable protocol would be to move your students away from the problem people, to ensure the situation does not escalate?

That would hardly seem unreasonable, in fact I would suggest it was an obligation. Imagine if a physical altercation had ensued?

So what did the chaperones/students do?

They did not move away, even though they were in a large public plaza with ample room to avoid 5 people.

Instead, they (the students) and began counter-chanting, apparently with their chaperones explicit permission! From there, they also formed a semi-circle around the 5 people behaving badly.

No one disputes this.

No matter what the kids said at this point, this is a very dubious strategic choice for which the adults w/these students should be held accountable.

While unquestionably the media was too quick to publish names, and to make allegations that have not been fully substantiated (though they have not been fully repudiated either) ....

There is little question that these kids were in DC for unacceptable reasons, they engaged in their own baiting/goading by wearing offensive caps, at the minimum, and they did not move to de-escalate a tense
situation, but instead inflamed it by moving closer to, and chanting at the 5 obnoxious persons.

Lastly, is there any reason to wonder, whether or not a few of these students might have said something offensive, given that that allegation was made against them?

The MAGA hats certainly seem to endorse some views that would be offensive to many...........but is there anything more than that?

Indeed there is.......

Linked below, find an article that students at this school were in blackface at a basketball game within the last 5 or so years (video link at the article site).

The event appears to have the full sanction of the school, as a coach can be seen leading students in chants.

That would certainly suffice, in my mind, as reasonable grounds to suspect some students at the school might say something intolerant in a public place.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...an-phillips-nick-sandmann-20190121-story.html

In summation:

The field trip itself was offensive, had it not happened nothing to talk about.

The kids were engaged in non-subtle offensive behavior through their apparel choice, even once it was clear there was potential for a negative situation to unfold.

The kids should have been shepherded away from a potential altercation by the chaperones, this did not happen in more than two hours of video........self-inflicted wound.

The school has a history of controversial behavior by its students that would generally be understood as having racist/insensitive undertones.....to say the least.

The media's reporting was sloppy, and reckless no matter what was actually said; but that does not excuse any of the above.

But neither does the above countenance in any way the death threats this young man has received which should be investigated as criminal matters.
I mean I am not a huge fan of them going to the rally as a school trip but at the end of the day I believe that the question of them attending the March for life rally is 100% besides the point. If people really were offended over this they woudl ahve brought it up before everything else, ort in the years prior when they went to the rally. People only really brought it up after the initial story of the boys harassing the man. It is a bit disingenuous and screams for finding a reason to attack them after the initial attack ended up not being effective.

In high school a lot of teenagers both male and female act rowdy it does not normally warrant any media attention. you could argue that teenagers should act more mature but people have been saying this forever and it hasn't changed teenage behavior apparently. And complaining about apparel being offensive is a very subjective argument to make.

I agree about the chaperones point I bet that if they could do it over they would deescalate. But this again does not warrant the twitter firestorm. Also, you could argue that the man could have walked away as well so you can't 100% blame the school for this.

The media is having a legitimacy crisis right now. They want to act as fact checkers but they clearly are not doing that job at all, and this is just one example. Despite this fact, they get whiny when people don't trust the media . The reason why people distrust the media is 100% the media's own fault for trying to push agendas instead of reporting from an unbiased viewpoint.

The thing that I have the most problem is is that despite twitter and the media going absolutely apoplectic over the original video, they will say things like the "death threats are wrong but who can blame people when that boy was arrogantly smirking at the man". How about the media get their priorities in order!!! Imagine if the mainstream media outlets went and got the names of the people who wrote threatening messages against the boys, since they were so quick to do it when they thought the man was being randomly harassed.

Last edited:
If we can sum up this story.

Report: "One Catholic Kid approaches Vietnam War Vet, gets in his face, and disrespects him, while other Catholic youth surround him".

Truth:
One Catholic Kid approaches - FALSE
Vietnam War Vet - FALSE
gets in his face - FALSE
and disrespects him - FALSE
while other Catholic youth surround him - FALSE

While Donald is trying to "revive" the coal mining and industry in America, other countries are moving away from coal.

Germany agrees to end reliance on coal stations by 2038
Fossil fuels provide nearly 40% of country’s power as tensions rise on phaseout timetable

From link.

Germany has agreed to end its reliance on polluting coal power stations by 2038, in a long-awaited decision that will have major ramifications for Europe’s attempts to meet its Paris climate change targets.

The country is the last major bastion of coal-burning in north-western Europe and the dirtiest of fossil fuels still provides nearly 40% of Germany’s power, compared with 5% in the UK, which plans to phase the fuel out entirely by 2025.

After overnight talks, the German coal exit commission of 28 members from industry, politicians and NGOs, which has worked since last summer to thrash out a timetable for ditching coal power, agreed an end date of 2038. A review in 2032 will decide if the deadline can be brought forward to 2035.

Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, a member of the commission and an adviser to the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, said: “This is an important step on the road to the post-fossil age – a step that also opens up new perspectives for the affected regions through innovation-driven structural change.” But he said it had been difficult to reach a consensus on how quickly to phase out coal.

Stefanie Langkamp, a coal expert at the Climate Alliance Germany network, cautiously welcomed the decision.

She said: “It is good that the long-overdue entry into the coal phaseout is now beginning and that new perspectives are being developed in the regions. Measured against the climate crisis, however, the coal phaseout should have been much more ambitious.”

However, RWE, which runs many of the country’s coal plants, said the 2038 date was “far too early” for the company and said the 2032 review would be a chance to extend the final end date. In a statement the firm said the proposals: “would have far-reaching consequences for the German energy sector and in particular for RWE.”

Rolf Martin Schmitz, RWE’s chief executive, warned the plan would have “serious consequences” for the company’s lignite, or brown coal, business.

Coal union members greeted a meeting of the coal exit commission in Berlin on Friday with a demonstration urging against a hasty phaseout.

Meanwhile, thousands of schoolchildren took part in a protest on the same day in the German capital, calling for the end of coal to tackle global warming.

The final 336-page document agreed by the coal commission, seen by the Guardian, shows Germany plans to reduce its 42.6GW of coal power capacity to about 30GW by 2022, falling to around 17GW by 2030. The deal will be formally published next Friday.

Greenpeace has called for an end date of 2030, but other environmental groups in the country supported a 2035 cut-off. Almost three quarters of Germans believe a quick exit from coal is important, according to a poll of 1,285 people by the broadcaster ZDF.

Dave Jones, a power analyst at the London and Brussels-based thinktank Sandbag, said: “2035 is really the ambitious solution. The bigger question is about how quickly it happens [for example, interim goals].”

The commission said that gas would become Germany’s backup power of choice, rather than coal, which would make it more similar to the UK energy system.

Merkel, speaking in Davos last week, said that, as the country ditches coal and closes its last nuclear plants in 2022, “we will need more natural gas, and energy needs to be affordable.” Her government has a goal of increasing the share of renewables in electricity supply from 38% today to 65% in 2030.

One of the most contentious issues has been the cost of compensating energy firms for shutting coal plants before the end of their lifetime.

About €40bn will be awarded under the commission’s plans; the industry had hoped for €60bn. The German energy secretary, Thomas Bareiß, has said the move away from coal was necessary but would be a “very expensive transition".

800px-Oesterwurth_kuhs_m_winrads.jpg

Germany is the world's biggest user of wind power with an installed capacity of 20,621MW in 2006, ahead of Spain which had 11,615MW.[1] There are 18,000 wind turbines in Germany. The country plans to build more. From link.

While Donald is trying to "revive" the coal mining and industry in America, other countries are moving away from coal.

Germany agrees to end reliance on coal stations by 2038
Fossil fuels provide nearly 40% of country’s power as tensions rise on phaseout timetable

From link.

800px-Oesterwurth_kuhs_m_winrads.jpg

Germany is the world's biggest user of wind power with an installed capacity of 20,621MW in 2006, ahead of Spain which had 11,615MW.[1] There are 18,000 wind turbines in Germany. The country plans to build more. From link.
It's hard to treat anyone seriously that replaces nuclear with coal - just to replace it with gas in the future.

^
The special counsel was also unable to draw a conclusion “one way or the other” over whether Trump or anyone in the White House obstructed justice during the investigation.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/24/mueller-report-donald-trump-barr-congress-russia

It's not a slam dunk either way, at least not yet. There's more to come.

lol...look at all the comments only 11 minutes in:
Report Stops Short of Exonerating Trump on Obstruction of Justice
breaking11m ago
1155 comments

{Mr. Barr also said that Mr. Mueller’s team drew no conclusions about whether Mr. Trump illegally obstructed justice. Mr. Barr and the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, determined that the special counsel’s investigators lacked sufficient evidence to establish that Mr. Trump committed that offense, but added that Mr. Mueller’s team stopped short of exonerating Mr. Trump.

“While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,” Mr. Barr quoted Mr. Mueller as writing.}

Last edited:
Oh c'mon. Give me a break. Trump has got to be the most persecuted President in US history by this point, exceeding even Nixon. Don't blame Trump for how or why he got elected. Blame his competition and predecessor.
lol...best you read again. I'm the messenger. "Most persecuted in history?". Are you a joker or just a clown? Since you want to get all upset about my linking that in a neutral way...hadn't you best have the facts at hand? Just a thought...

Poor Donald Trump, so persecuted:
President Donald Trump’s approval rating has ping-ponged between a low of 35% and a high of 45% during his first year in office — the worst record of any of the most recent seven presidents, according to Gallup.
http://time.com/5103776/donald-trump-approval-rating-graph/

C'mon you can blurt it out 123: Fake News!

Oh c'mon. Give me a break. Trump has got to be the most persecuted President in US history by this point, exceeding even Nixon. Don't blame Trump for how or why he got elected. Blame his competition and predecessor.

I'd say the birther movement with Obama was much worse. I also find it odd how many people defend Trump though. I mean, the guy's a piece of crap but here we have people always feeling the need to defend him. People go after him because he deserves it.

lol...best you read again. I'm the messenger. "Most persecuted in history?". Are you a joker or just a clown? Since you want to get all upset about my linking that in a neutral way...hadn't you best have the facts at hand? Just a thought...

Poor Donald Trump, so persecuted:

http://time.com/5103776/donald-trump-approval-rating-graph/

C'mon you can blurt it out 123: Fake News!
So you are saying that because the media has been lying for the past 2 years, it reflects on Trumps approval rating.
Of course his approval ratings are real - but they are based on opinions derived by a public that was gullible enough to believe that the MSM was telling the truth.
If there is a giant apology from the media - his popularity will no doubt go up.
If the media doubles down and says that farther investigation is required - many will continue to be fooled, but enough others will likely figure out that the media has been peddling Fake News for quite some time! This was there aha moment.

Last edited:

Has he been the subject of an impeachment hearing for extra-marital sex? Which no one denies has occurred on multiple occasions?

Has he had his parentage or citizenship questioned?

Has he been under sufficient pressure to seriously consider resigning or not running for a second term?

Considering the man's admitted shortcomings, inside and outside politics; before and while in office.............I think he's been given a remarkably genial ride.

Last edited:

Back