News   Apr 19, 2024
 42     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 727     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.9K     2 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I guess I missed this chapter in the fiscal conservative playbook.

Ontario's Education Minister, Lecce, says the new "child care" policy will cost $48 million a day...

I guess I missed this chapter in the fiscal conservative playbook.

Ontario's Education Minister, Lecce, says the new "child care" policy will cost $48 million a day...

Since the teachers will not be paid when they go out on strike, the funding comes from what the teachers would have been paid, plus or minus.

NEW @Pollara poll in the @TorontoStar: @OntLiberal: 33% @OntarioPCParty: 29% @OntarioNDP: 27% @OntarioGreens: 9% 2,198 surveyed, online panel, Jan. 6-11.

Online survey, as such, no M.O.E.; though, typical probability of error for a sample this size would be +/- 2.1%

So very close to a dead heat.

Regional Breakdown is of interest.

1579131456121.png

From Pollara: https://www.pollara.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/PollaraONpoliJan2020Rpt.pdf

Shows that the PCs are tailing badly in the '905', and a non-factor in Toronto

Based on their numbers in the 'east' where they tend to do well, they are non-factor in Ottawa and Kingston as well.

It basically suggests they would well in the rural south-west and the rural, non-francophone east, and maybe cottage country.

Online survey, as such, no M.O.E.; though, typical probability of error for a sample this size would be +/- 2.1%

So very close to a dead heat.

Regional Breakdown is of interest.

From Pollara: https://www.pollara.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/PollaraONpoliJan2020Rpt.pdf

Shows that the PCs are tailing badly in the '905', and a non-factor in Toronto

Based on their numbers in the 'east' where they tend to do well, they are non-factor in Ottawa and Kingston as well.

It basically suggests they would well in the rural south-west and the rural, non-francophone east, and maybe cottage country.

Though the North figures seem to reflect low/unrepresentative sample size (I'd expect higher for NDP, lower for Green--*anything* that shows Greens tops in Ontario in the North should be treated as suspect, even if "North" includes Parry Sound-Muskoka where they *are* viable)

Will we ever clue in that a lack of proportional representation/ignoring the popular vote f$cks everyone equally?

Ha! Tell that to the FPTP posse. Shooting down reason and logic with emotional arguments about "fringe parties" and "complicated voting systems". :rolleyes:

It may seem counterintuitive to tell people that it's safer to have a nuclear reactor every couple of blocks than one giant one supplying half the province ~40km away, but in this case, it's quite true.

I don't think it's counterintuitive. I just really don't see the absolute need to have massive old nuclear stations in close proximity to millions of people. I'm very intrigued by the concept you're bringing up.

Though the North figures seem to reflect low/unrepresentative sample size (I'd expect higher for NDP, lower for Green--*anything* that shows Greens tops in Ontario in the North should be treated as suspect, even if "North" includes Parry Sound-Muskoka where they *are* viable)

Uhhh, did you read what I read?

It shows Greens at 15% in the North, which is 4th place.

That's 11 people out of 72.

Why? Maybe the people in northern Ontario finally got wise to the fact that the same old nonsense from the same old people isn't helpful nor conducive to real change.

Watch.....Timmins is the new Guelph. ?

Uhhh, did you read what I read?

It shows Greens at 15% in the North, which is 4th place.

That's 11 people out of 72.

They meant it in this way: that the North was the single highest level of support for the Greens.

By they, I of course mean @adma.....not sure what pronoun to use except perhaps Dipper in sheep's clothing, but naaah.

Well, the pollster says they were aiming for a representative sample at least, using census data.

IMG_0455.PNG

Back