News   Apr 23, 2024
 376     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 372     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I posted above that my bill is down. Seems you’re seeking to confirm your own assumptions.

Not making assumptions, but my hydro bill has gone up too, whilst not making any changes in hydro consumption habits i.e. still doing laundry at off peak hours and buying a new "energy efficient" dishwasher and refrigerator within the last two years my hydro bill has gone up significantly. I have compared KW consumption with the same period last year and can see no difference in the average usage, just the amounts I have been billed for. Yeah so much for promises made and promises kept :)

Diane Ford, matriarch of the Ford family, passed away Sunday night

See link.

image.jpg

The matriarch of the Ford family passed away on Sunday night.

The Premier’s Office confirmed Diane Ford’s death in a statement, saying that she passed way in Etobicoke surrounded be her family and loved ones.

“Mrs. Ford was an active member of her community who supported numerous charitable causes. But most of all, she was the rock for her family, especially her 10 grandchildren,” the statement reads. “The Ford family is extremely grateful for the outpouring of support from members of the community in recent weeks. The family would also like to thank Mrs. Ford’s caregivers for their compassionate care.”

Diane Ford met Doug Ford Sr. in the early 1950s, when he was a lifeguard at the Glenview Terrace. The couple got married in 1956 and had four children—two of which followed their father’s political footsteps.

She was often seen working in the background and standing beside her family as they embarked on business or political ventures. She helped Doug Ford Sr. with the books at Deco Labels and was also a stay-at-home mother, offering up her Etobicoke home as a gathering place for her sons’ campaign events and press conferences.

In a book co-written by the Ford brothers, Doug Ford says that “no backyard in Canada has hosted more people in the last two decades—close to 200,000 people.”

Diane Ford’s youngest son, Rob Ford, was elected as mayor of Toronto in 2010 after serving as city councillor for Etobicoke North for 10 years.

She always spoke highly of him, even amid controversies involving drugs and alcohol. She told CP24 in 2013 that she called her son out for his behaviour, but that she believed he could overcome his issues with some help.

Diane Ford was a strong force in 2016 when Rob Ford was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. At the time, she said she would cry on the way to the hospital, but once she was there she would do her best to help her son.

Rob Ford passed away in March of that year.

“What you saw was what you got with Rob and I loved him for it,” she said. “He’ll be in my heart forever. I miss him.”

Diane Ford continued to host Ford Fest and other events for Doug Ford as he campaigned to be the mayor of Toronto after his brother’s passing. In 2018, she was by his side when he won the provincial election and became Premier of Ontario.

Diane Ford spent her last days being visited by loved ones at Sunnybrook hospital.

Interesting to note that on a Xmas-day light-watching jaunt (the prime neighbourhood coordinate being a nearby house at Fletcher Place & Islington that always has LED-spectacular displays), I went down Weston Wood and the family homestead was pitch black--don't know whether that's "normal", or whether in hindsight, something was up.

If we go by the talk that the matriarch was basically responsible for preventing Deco from collapsing under the dead weight of her offspring's incompetence, one wonders if the fall of Dougie's leadership will be wrapped up in what happens to Deco post-Diane--almost like an echo of the kids'-private-school funding scandal that fell Andrew Scheer...

Diane Ford died.

No surprise, I saw her and Randy at the Odette Cancer centre last August, she had lost a significant amount of weight and wore and ill fitting wig. If it wasn't for the guy accompanying her to the clinic wearing brown cowboy boots and matching ass hat, I wouldn't have recognized her. Sympathies and condolences for her family, they lost a loved one. Just lets hope Ford doesn't start messing with cancer care now his mother has passed and no longer needs it.

Cancer took both of his parents and his brother. If anything, he might do the opposite. I might be worried about getting it if I was him.

Cancer took both of his parents and his brother. If anything, he might do the opposite. I might be worried about getting it if I was him.
It’s either cancer or organ failure, of which cancer is also of the latter category. It gets us all. Unless a Vision Zero driver runs you down.

Noted Mama Succubus' death last night while channel surfing and flashing on CP20FORD for a few seconds. My first (and only) thought was: "Well, Thug's gonna milk this for all it's worth."

Back