News   Mar 28, 2024
 136     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Not quite - she resigned in a leadership challenge over the fallout from the poll tax, and I think the Brits have looser party centralization and discipline compared to us in general.

AoD

Though the truer precedents are in Australia, where it's common for sitting PMs and opposition leaders to be ousted by caucus.

#NEW: The Premier’s office informed media at 8:26am that @fordnation would be participating in a fireside chat today, however media are not allowed in- no reporters no questions. PO has stream for us to watch from afar on YouTube.

I happened to be channel surfing yesterday morning and caught a brief flash of CityPulse 'News' which said Dofo would be having a meeting of some kind at the OPP...and that the media would not be invited. Is he entering some new, secretive phase? Granted, his government was never all that open to begin with, but if the election results have people within his own party angry at him, could it be Thug's behavior is about to take a turn for the worse?

Now that the attention (at least in Ontario) has turned away from the federal election, most of the press media, blogs, twitter, facebook, etc. will now turn towards Doug Ford.

watching-you.gif

From link

Last edited:
Doug today--

Ford says he told CPC leader Andrew Scheer that he "couldn't get involved" with the federal election, because he was "too busy" dealing with provincial matters. He says Scheer never asked him to refrain from helping with the federal campaign.

Ford says the province will "see it through" and continue with its carbon tax challenge against the federal government, which now may reach the Supreme Court of Canada.

"We're done with the politics now, I get it, and people expect us to work together," Ford says he told Trudeau when they spoke on Tuesday. He says he appreciates that Toronto Mayor John Tory and the federal Liberals support the new Ontario Line.

"A tremendous number of people who voted for me, voted for him," Ford says of Trudeau.

Ford says he told CPC leader Andrew Scheer that he "couldn't get involved" with the federal election, because he was "too busy" dealing with provincial matters. He says Scheer never asked him to refrain from helping with the federal campaign.

This directly contradicts his self-pitying complaints from just a few days ago, i.e. all his caterwauling about how Scheer had "betrayed" him. Does he think most of us don't have memories that stretch beyond what we had for breakfast this morning?

"A tremendous number of people who voted for me, voted for him," Ford says of Trudeau.
And why do you think that is?

Trudeau should have sent Ford a bouquet as thanks. Had Brown, Mulroney or Elliot been the OPC premier Trudeau would have been stomped in the 905.

Backtracking!

EDIT:

The Ontario government is banning promotion of vaping products. I approve!

Last edited:
After months of study, and a final report delayed a further 2 months...............the Regional Government Review is in..............

And ...... Crickets......

The entire exercise seems to have been a waste of time, with zero changes forthcoming.

I suppose one should be thankful for small mercies, if they tried to change anything, they likely would have got it wrong.........but still.

Back