News   Apr 24, 2024
 552     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 768     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 524     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I think the fact that he got booed at Collision back in May also hit home the point.
There's been a number of instances. Anyone care to list them?

I have a plan, it's a good plan: Let's invent "drive-by booing". Find out where Ford is making a public appearance, and greet him appropriately. Subsections of this tactic could involve hissing, cold-staring, and just turning backs en-masse, could call that the Ghandi Gawk.

And the best of all: Clap whenever he tries to speak. I call that the 'Queen's Park Press Announcement Monte'.
Tory staffers continue to use applause to drown out reporters' questions
Edit: Another name for this tactic: "Seals of Approval".

Must run, will try and compile a 'Hit List' later, any suggestion most welcome.

Btw: Off topic, but indirectly relevant. I'm incredibly impressed with the Hong Kong demonstrators. The HK gov't claimed the legislation was immutable, it's yet to be fully withdrawn, just 'suspended'. It's a little unfair to compare, but this succeeds *tentatively* where Tiananmen was doomed to fail.

Last edited:
There's been a number of instances. Anyone care to list them?

I have a plan, it's a good plan: Let's invent "drive-by booing". Find out where Ford is making a public appearance, and greet him appropriately. Subsections of this tactic could involve hissing, cold-staring, and just turning backs en-masse, could call that the Ghandi Gawk.

And the best of all: Clap whenever he tries to speak. I call that the 'Queen's Park Press Announcement Monte'.
Tory staffers continue to use applause to drown out reporters' questions
Edit: Another name for this tactic: "Seals of Approval".

Must run, will try and compile a 'Hit List' later, any suggestion most welcome.

Btw: Off topic, but indirectly relevant. I'm incredibly impressed with the Hong Kong demonstrators. The HK gov't claimed the legislation was immutable, it's yet to be fully withdrawn, just 'suspended'. It's a little unfair to compare, but this succeeds *tentatively* where Tiananmen was doomed to fail.

Queens Park Lawn is so large a couple of hundred people get lost on the property and seems to have little or no effect. Civil disobedience is very effective when targeted, i.e. constituency office or even in DoFo's case a rolling demonstration on his street, several people wearing sandwich boards and signs, quietly pacing in front of his home is not against the law as long as you don't trespass and prevent people from entering their property... it's just annoying as hell. Gatherings, trade shows, press ops (he loves being a media whore) excellent booing opportunities. He is thin skinned... remember that. Word of caution, when encountering a raging Doug, have your cell phone on record, he's easily provoked and gets into nasty name calling including being accused of being a paid protester.

Walking in the York Region Parade must have been a split second decision, the CONS didn't have time to print their own gear, Cheap stunt!

Wouldn't be surprised if Mulroney and Elliott served as "mediating presences" in case of anything untoward. (Which says a lot about what the overall demeanour of this government would be like if either of them served as leader)
Pretty smart move by Ford.
He really shuts up his opposition by attending the York Region parade.
For those who oppose these things, he remained relatively low key.

Doug Ford, city councillor, discussing his personal opposition to Pride, in 2014--I guess the only thing that has changed since then are his poll numbers.

“You know what’s ironic? I spoke to many folks in the gay community, and they said they weren’t going because they didn’t like the idea of men running — you know, middle-aged men, with pot bellies, running down the street buck naked. And they didn’t feel comfortable that they could bring their kids there. Do I condone men running down the middle of Yonge St. buck naked? Absolutely not. Maybe there are some people in this city that approve of that, and maybe they can bring their kids down to watch this.”

Last edited:
Doug Ford, city councillor, discussing his personal opposition to Pride, in 2014--I guess the only thing that has changed since then are his poll numbers.

“You know what’s ironic? I spoke to many folks in the gay community, and they said they weren’t going because they didn’t like the idea of men running — you know, middle-aged men, with pot bellies, running down the street buck naked. And they didn’t feel comfortable that they could bring their kids there. Do I condone men running down the middle of Yonge St. buck naked? Absolutely not. Maybe there are some people in this city that approve of that, and maybe they can bring their kids down to watch this.”
Did this parade have any men running down the middle of Yonge St. buck naked ?

No. Ford is consistent.

Did this parade have any men running down the middle of Yonge St. buck naked ?

No. Ford is consistent.

Yup... Consistently lying, walking the parade after he proclaimed "politicians shouldn't walk in parades" But yes, Doug is a consistent media whore and loves a good parade if he doesn't get booo'd.

Gatherings, trade shows, press ops (he loves being a media whore) excellent booing opportunities. He is thin skinned... remember that. Word of caution, when encountering a raging Doug, have your cell phone on record, he's easily provoked and gets into nasty name calling including being accused of being a paid protester.
These are the venues I had in mind. He knows he's a 'marked target' now, thus his 'pop-up' visits to gay parades.

Walking in the York Region Parade must have been a split second decision, the CONS didn't have time to print their own gear, Cheap stunt!
View attachment 190598

Choosing the Newmarket parade. Wearing YRPS swag. New OPP boss comes from YRPS. I wonder which one of the two members has a hotline to the Chief's office.

Back