News   Apr 16, 2024
 46     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 651     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 468     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Why can't Liberals just admit that McGuinty should have lost in 2007. He should have lost in 2011, Wynne should have lost in 2014. There was no way the smoke and mirrors would continue forever. The Liberals put the province in a huge hole that will take a generation to recover from. Most I talk too are upset with how bad the Liberals left things, and not the corrective actions taken by Ford. Most are also just cluing in to the fact that the architects of the Ontario disaster are the Liberal back-room boys in the Trudeau government.

More vomit: Liberals didn't lose in 2007, 2011 and 2014, so what do they have to admit? So far Ford & co has not saved anything (unless you can provide proof where he saved the province from doom and bankruptcy}

Last edited:
Everyone realizes how the Liberals totally destroyed the province and accept that Ford has to do the hard work to clean up the mess.
And if we compare him to Justin Trudeau - he is doing an excellent job.

WTF? You're replying to and quoting yourself? That takes echo-chamber to a whole new level!

Why can't Liberals just admit that McGuinty should have lost in 2007. He should have lost in 2011, Wynne should have lost in 2014. There was no way the smoke and mirrors would continue forever. The Liberals put the province in a huge hole that will take a generation to recover from. Most I talk too are upset with how bad the Liberals left things, and not the corrective actions taken by Ford. Most are also just cluing in to the fact that the architects of the Ontario disaster are the Liberal back-room boys in the Trudeau government.

Really just stop.

I actually feel embarrassed for you.

Don't shame all the people who put an effort into giving you an education.

You can support small 'c' conservative policies if you wish.

You can even point out a small number of policies implemented in the current government that are defensible or even popular.

What you can not do, as a reasonable person is endlessly slug away at a past government that was reelected several times.

At some point, you accept that a portion of the population either endorsed them or at least found them preferable to the alternatives.

Regardless, you move on.

When judging the current regime, you need to have at least some semblance of objectivity on the facts.........and you need to reply to posts like mine on the polling data that clearly, factually, show you to be incorrect.

Doing your best impression of an ostrich and hiding from the truth does not give you any added credibility.

Nope, stupidity, bad choices and focussing their attacks on the NDP who had almost the same platform as theirs, admitting defeat before election (even though it was clear they would not be elected) Then continued to attack the NDP.. The result was clear confused voters and people not voting at all. No dental care, no affordable housing, no wage increase, we got meddling in municipal affairs, gerrymandering etc etc., BUT we're open for funny business, all to the benefit of Ford's friends and benefactors. .Ultimately uninformed voters who casted their ballots are to blame for handing Ford and Co the reigns of government.

I meant they did such a bad job that it was a slam dunk for the Conservatives. They were so incompetent they had lib voters voting Cons (myself included). You blame voters for some weird reason. I think they finally made the right decision.

I meant they did such a bad job that it was a slam dunk for the Conservatives. They were so incompetent they had lib voters voting Cons (myself included). You blame voters for some weird reason. I think they finally made the right decision.
If you take away the Adscam, I could easily take the Federal Liberals of 20 years ago. Somehow, Liberal governments both Provincial and Federal have veered sharply to the left. Likely this was done for political reasons to scoop up NDP votes, and with little consequences of the immense damage that it would cause. It is quite reasonable for Liberal supporters of old to detest what has happened to that party.
The reason the PC's were so centrist in the past (Davis, Robarts, Frost) is that they were taking over from competent leaders, and didn't have to make vast changes. Harris and Ford had to take over from the 3 worst Premiers in Ontario's history, so of course some degree of upheaval is to be expected during the correction.

I was very happy that the Provincial Liberals lost. I am very unhappy with Ford's administration. I don't see this as a contradiction.

The last election felt like cutting off your own nose to spite your face. Citing the many flaws of the McGuinty-Wynne Liberals to justify the actions of the Ford administration is a massive case of whataboutism and is not a credible argument that will win me as a voter anytime soon.

My disdain for the Ford administration should not be mistaken for Provincial Liberal apologism, nor an endorsement of lower-case liberal (or progressive rather, since there is little that is liberal about them anymore really) tactics and response that @Palma referenced in their initial post.

I wish there was room in our political system for a healthy articulation of opposition to the Ford administration from the centre-right. This is absent at the moment, aside from maybe Mike Shreiner and the Ontario Greens.

Student fees bankroll ‘crazy Marxist’ councils, says Premier Doug Ford

From link.

The question I have to Doug is, how do you know? You dropped out of Humber College, after two months. Couldn't complete a semester. Couldn't go to university. "Luckily", he got a job at the family business, without the skill set needed.

By "Marxist", does Doug Ford include "Lennonism"?...

iu

Last edited:

Re what qualifies as "should have" in your eyes, let's revisit this post re Faith Goldy...

The actions of the media helped kill her campaign and ensured that the issues were not talked about. This likely contributed in some way to the record breaking homicides in Toronto last year.

If you take away the Adscam, I could easily take the Federal Liberals of 20 years ago. Somehow, Liberal governments both Provincial and Federal have veered sharply to the left. Likely this was done for political reasons to scoop up NDP votes, and with little consequences of the immense damage that it would cause. It is quite reasonable for Liberal supporters of old to detest what has happened to that party.
The reason the PC's were so centrist in the past (Davis, Robarts, Frost) is that they were taking over from competent leaders, and didn't have to make vast changes. Harris and Ford had to take over from the 3 worst Premiers in Ontario's history, so of course some degree of upheaval is to be expected during the correction.
Wow. Just wow. How do you say such bs with a straight face? Your bias is so engrained and unmovable that you’ll rewrite history to make it fit your personal agenda. “The Liberals must have changed” is so blatantly ignorant to the fact that Conservatives have dramatically changed themselves. Moving from fiscally conservative to socially conservative being a dramatic one, and stepping up attempts to manuipulate future elections in their favour being another. You also ignore that this has been a huge western phenomenon, driven by xenophobia, “fiscal uncertainty” and a huge influx of money to the right from the ultra-rich (where in the past it was far more balanced). Even Harper moved from fiscal convservative to “hotline for ‘barbaric cultural practices’”.

My guess is you’re one of those “conservatives” who didn’t care about politics until a lesbian was voted in and you noticed there were more brown people around you.

Wow. Just wow. How do you say such bs with a straight face? Your bias is so engrained and unmovable that you’ll rewrite history to make it fit your personal agenda. “The Liberals must have changed” is so blatantly ignorant to the fact that Conservatives have dramatically changed themselves. Moving from fiscally conservative to socially conservative being a dramatic one, and stepping up attempts to manuipulate future elections in their favour being another. You also ignore that this has been a huge western phenomenon, driven by xenophobia, “fiscal uncertainty” and a huge influx of money to the right from the ultra-rich (where in the past it was far more balanced). Even Harper moved from fiscal convservative to “hotline for ‘barbaric cultural practices’”.

My guess is you’re one of those “conservatives” who didn’t care about politics until a lesbian was voted in and you noticed there were more brown people around you.
It looks like you want to move on to Federal issues. I assume that means you agree with my Provincial assessment.

Harper's election legislation was to require identification to vote - fair by any measure.
Trudeau's was (originally) to change the fabric of the election after 150 years from FPTP to some unidentified plan that would help Liberals best. And this would be implemented without referendum. With NDP and CPC opposition, this assault on democracy was averted. The next change Trudeau proposed was to limit opposition spending in the pre-election period, while the government (him) could continue to make funding announcements. Finally, Trudeau reversed decades old legislation (from Chretien era) limiting voting for people who have left Canada and now have no association to it. By any objective measure, it is Trudeau who is manipulating election laws.

Influx of money is a concern. Unfortunately, we are not doing anything about it.
Millions in foreign funds spent in 2015 federal election to defeat Harper government, report alleges

Harper moved to protect women from ‘barbaric cultural practices’”. Trudeau, showing no regard for women, felt that FGM was not barbaric and likely a positive influence on Canada - because after all, no culture can be considered superior to any other. The extension being that Trudeau does not view Canada as any better than any other country.

I am ok with brown people. I am ok with all people as long as they enter the country legally and obey our laws.
I imagine you have problems with orange people though.

It looks like you want to move on to Federal issues. I assume that means you agree with my Provincial assessment.

Please stop misrepresenting the posts of others.

Its not funny.

Its not intelligent.

It doesn't make you look good.

Everyone realizes how the Liberals totally destroyed the province and accept that Ford has to do the hard work to clean up the mess.
And if we compare him to Justin Trudeau - he is doing an excellent job.

What exactly has Ford done that is "excellent"?

Give us specifics or hold your tongue.

What exactly has Ford done that is "excellent"?

Give us specifics or hold your tongue.

Ford has at least realized that Ontario has a serious problem with its finances, unlike the Liberals and NDP. He’s also given us truth in accounting, something the Liberals conveniently threw overboard. I’d suggest that’s excellent.

At least we finally have the basis for an honest, data-driven public discussion about where the province goes with taxation, spending and debt. Whether Ford has the guts to follow through on this is an open question, because our fiscal situation is bleak. But it’s pretty clear that neither the Liberals nor the NDP have any interest in the subject, so by comparison Ford looks good.

Back