News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 629     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 909     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

“Cancelling this project will be a net-benefit and result in savings for Ontario ratepayers, after they will no longer be on the hook for this over-priced wind power. The Government will be taking action through legislation to insulate itself from any domestic litigation,” Jefferies said.

And for the record, the $100 million figure comes from the guy who says he's owed $100 million.

It's not just about the wind turbines. He's also cancelled the Green Energy fund and the rebate for electric cars.

Let's fire up the old coal plants while we're at it.

Well now.....this is interesting!

Hydro One boss is out the door, apparently without his 10M + severance package, instead taking 'retirement' with a $400,000 payout.

The Board is also sacked.

There is definitely something we're missing here. I'm entirely curious what it is (why did someone walk away from 10M?) Not to suggest that that number was ever remotely reasonable, but they knew that when they negotiated it. Hmmm.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...ng-to-fire-hydro-ones-board-of-directors.html

Apparently not!

Retiring Hydro One CEO can get $9-million compensation package, Globe analysis reveals

AoD

Matthews, Tavares, Kadri, AND Sundin in his prime? Count me in!

Who the f are those other blokes? I only know Sundin, Yushkevich, Kaberle, Berezin, Perreault, Joseph.......I stopped watching hockey after 2004. Realised switching to football full time jived better with my hate for TV ads. When I realised they stop play in hockey so ads can be run on TV, I gave them the old what's up and quit. Also coincided with the lockout. Lockout? Union? Piss off.

Anyway, Sundin was my favourite hockey player ever.

Hydro One share price is down 4.16% from the close yesterday. That means Premier Doug Ford’s move wiped about $480 million off the company’s value in 1 day. The Ontario government owns almost 50% of the shares.

Hydro One Ltd. shares slid Thursday with some analysts sounding warnings of greater meddling after the new Ontario government announced the retirement of the electrical utility's chief executive and the replacement of its board of directors.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/hydro-one-market-reaction-1.4743965

Pfft, whatever, mate. This government is good for business and the taxpayer.

Are you suggesting that isn't true and all they are is blinded by rigid ideology? Surely you jest!

;) (just in case.....some of you people sometimes :p)

Just checked out the throne speech and man is it bunk.

They're going for selling wine and beer in all shops! Why can't we get some non-toxic goodies in shops, like lysergics or psylocibe cubensis, dried by the oz?

It's going to be where you can buy the most addictive and toxic shit on any corner and kids will still be getting arrested for trying to have some harmless fun with good drugs. Ok, fine, forget harmless fun. How about they'll still be pushing benzos (which work primarily with the same neurotransmitter as alcohol--GABA, the brain's primary inhibitory network) which are addictive and can cause excitoxic stress in the brain instead of using safer myco-anxiolytics, for example.
What a wash.

Government against the people.

Nicotine and alcohol on all corners; make it hard to buy ganja, push opioids instead.
That's government against the people.
Don't worry, have another drink, your body will thank you...or hate you, whatever, I'm about as much a biochemist as the folks who bring you these ass-backward rules.

Last edited:

Back