News   Mar 28, 2024
 97     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 357     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Vince Crisanti is from Ward 1. In the 2014 election, 11,500 people in Ward 1 voted for Doug Ford and only 2,500 people voted for Tory. (Compare that with 13,500 voting for Ford in Ward 2 and 4,000 voting for Tory).

VC's allegiance is unlikely due to platform, values, respect etc. and more because of the pure numbers. Half those people at Ford Fest were probably from Ward 1.

There have been a few requests to fork the Rob Ford thread so that all the Doug Ford stuff stands on its own. So, here's your chance. Post all of the Doug Ford mayoral comments here and leave Rob's thread for Rob.

If it turns out that the community doesn't want to split things up we can just merge this discussion back into the main thread. Make sense?

Alternately, we can make this the "2018 Mayoral Race" thread and host all of the candidate discussions here.

The link for the Rob Ford thread is on p. 1 of Politics (Toronto Issues). There are 42 pages of thread links under that heading. I have no idea which page the link to this new thread is on. Would it be possible to move the link for this thread so that it would appear immediately above or below the Rob Ford one on p. 1?

The only thing that's different is he supports equality. That's hardly revolutionary.

And he's a lot more even-tempered than his uncles--so far, the only real "Ford stunt" gesture on his part was the Queen-streetcar-study thing. Plus, he's not a lone-vote type; his rump votes on Council tend to be parties-of-five rather than parties-of-one (or two). (Which may explain rumours of Doug's "impatience" with Mikey.)

Vince Crisanti is from Ward 1. In the 2014 election, 11,500 people in Ward 1 voted for Doug Ford and only 2,500 people voted for Tory. (Compare that with 13,500 voting for Ford in Ward 2 and 4,000 voting for Tory).

VC's allegiance is unlikely due to platform, values, respect etc. and more because of the pure numbers. Half those people at Ford Fest were probably from Ward 1.

Still, that's only a 9000-vs-9500 margin gap, so I wouldn't overstress Ward 1--also, it's a poorer and more multiethnic ward than Ward 2, so other than in Old Thistletown there isn't really a base for Tory-compatible "gentility". Whereas Ward 2 has not only scatterings of Old Rexdale but, ironically enough, the south-of-the-401 "Weston Wood panhandle" to give Tory a bottom-feeding bump--and even more so, the 2000/10 Islington condos which John Tory actually *won*.

if scarborough is going to vote for ford no matter what maybe tory can grow a pair and cancel that vote buying subway extension and the hybrid Gardiner. Put that money to a drl and the city will be better for it

Doug is a one trick pony with Rob being his one and only platform. Someone ought to suggest a return to leaded gasoline would save a billion bucks.

Did he really think that Tory would look the other way? So we have another politician who doesn't like consequences.

"Mayor 'knew 100 per cent' that Crisanti supported Ford family, ousted deputy says"

"You see the true colours of John Tory now. He knew exactly when he appointed him that he supported myself, that he supported Rob in the past, and he was very clear that he was going to do it in the future," Ford told CBC Toronto.
He added that over the course of his campaign, he is "going to expose the real John Tory," but did not elaborate on what that meant."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/vince-crisanti-folo-1.4288863

"... he supported myself ...." Doug is trying to sound intellectual by using "myself" instead of "me". Next he'll start referring to himself, sorry Himself, in the third person.

Yes. 'Utilizing' the reflexive is a common form of 'unintelligent person trying to sound like what they think an intelligent person sounds like'.

Doug is a one trick pony with Rob being his one and only platform. Someone ought to suggest a return to leaded gasoline would save a billion bucks.

Pretty much; all he really does is play the victim and paint any detractors as heartless and insensitive for daring to tarnish and question the legacy of his dead little brother. He was useless when he was in office and balked at the amount of work involved but I'm just afraid of short memories and underlying discord actually giving him a shot or at least emboldening his base to further divide the city. As mentioned, the best way to neuter him is to ignore him but I don't really see that happening.

Without Tory trying to play centre-right I wonder who would even be favoured to win as Mayor in a head to head between Ford and any candidate?

if scarborough is going to vote for ford no matter what maybe tory can grow a pair and cancel that vote buying subway extension and the hybrid Gardiner. Put that money to a drl and the city will be better for it

In a two way race Ford and Tory are basically tied in Scarborough.

And he's a lot more even-tempered than his uncles--so far, the only real "Ford stunt" gesture on his part was the Queen-streetcar-study thing. Plus, he's not a lone-vote type; his rump votes on Council tend to be parties-of-five rather than parties-of-one (or two). (Which may explain rumours of Doug's "impatience" with Mikey.)

Where have you been hearing these rumours?

Back