News   Apr 25, 2024
 4     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 310     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Petition for better transit in Scar almost ready

^ Is this true? Very interesting if so. Can someone verify?

Getting the rules changes for GO should be the number one priority Mike. It is a campaign that even non-transit riders understand. "Our tax dollars pay for GO Transit so it's our transit too. Stop the GO busses going downtown in Scarborough." The argument is to the point and factual. It makes no sense to me that the GO Train stops in the city don't get all day service while every single one in the 905 does. I recommend sticking with the easy to understand arguments and leave route planning to the transit planners. Petition the Ontario and City government to change the inequity between Toronto and the 905 that exists with respect to GO bus service. Milliken, Agincourt, Kennedy, Oriole, Old Cummer, Weston, Etobicoke North, and Kipling GO stations are all underserved compared to their 905 counterparts. Why should a person in the 905 who misses the last train get an express bus to their stations while a passenger at Agincourt has to take a slow local bus service all the way to their car? Many of the GO stations in Toronto are just as far from Union as Dixie.

agreed. That's what I was trying to get at earlier, though EnviroTO said it better.

While it would be great for GO to be able to provide services in Toronto. I don't think its fully the answer at this time.

If go did provide service, it would mostly be PARK AND RIDE, as most people would not be willing to pay a TTC and then a GO Fare.

Without intergraded fares, it would be useless, and I think it would be better for TTC to just provide the services at this time with an express fare or something.

It may not seem like a big deal, but that extra TTC fare ontop of a 4 buck GO FARE, etc, would not attract people.

I don't fully understand the intricacies of transit funding but wouldn't an increase in GO ridership allow for overall lower prices assuming no need for additional vehicles?

Why does it cost at least $4.00 from anywhere in Scarborough via GO Train whilst costing little more from the outer suburbs?

Back