974     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

Pearson Airport usage back on track

R

rbtaylor

I was looking at their September 2005 numbers (2005 year end numbers are not yet available).

www.gtaa.com/Index.aspx?S....1.3&Tpl=1

It appears they've managed to scrounge together a small profit that quarter (first time in a long time) and that passenger demand is above the 2000 level -- they should have passed 30 million passengers for 2005.

Hopefully the people mover and closure of terminal 2 will allow some some manpower savings and they can start building up the reserve fund again.

When will those profits result in a reduction of charges that have propelled YYZ to be among the world's most expensive airports to land?

Somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know if T3 will become T2 once the current T2 closes?

I'd like to know this as well Darkstar416, it would only make sense if thats what they do though.

I like the alternate name to T-3... the "Trillium Terminal". Might be a good idea to bring it back, and give the new T-1 a good name while we're at it.

wylie:

Not very likely, given the name was associated with the PPP scheme.

AoD

"Trillium Terminal" was one of the worst branding exercises I have ever run into. Besides three petals relating to the number of the terminal, and the flower being the floral emblem of Ontario, the name had nothing to say about flight or moving masses of people or anything airportish at all. I can't remember any signage changing, or a logo being published; certainly no advertising was done to support the choice of name after the announcement was sent to the papers. No follow up meant no one ever used the name. What was the purpose of the naming contest in the first place?

Best not to beat the dead horse.

When will those profits result in a reduction of charges that have propelled YYZ to be among the world's most expensive airports to land?
Shortly after high profits cause banks to reduce their fees, or high profits cause gas prices to drop.

If they continue to grow at 4% to 6% per year, they'll need to kick off construction on pier G before long and that means issuing another set of bonds.

Building reserves up to $100M before 2012 would be good for their credit rating -- thus lower interest rates on the bonds.

If growth continues there is no need to reduce prices. Feds will argue the same thing for their rent payments.

Elect businessmen as your politicians and the government will turn the maximum profit possible.

Back