Parade Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

starla88

Member Bio
Reaction score
on another note, anyone catch a glimpse of the lobby yet? I passed by the other night, but didn't get a clear view.. when are the first people set to move in? I'm due to move in June and hope that I'm not delayed

I think PDIs have started. I see the Concord Complimentary Parking sign pointing towards Parade I. They used the same sign when I had my PDI at Luna.

Thanks for the pics Xeno. I just got my PDI inspection letter for my closing date in end of May - seems so soon but I'm excited :)

Pics from our PDI today. We were a little underwhelmed with the size of the unit (860 sqft), but overall happy with the quality. Nice fixtures, bathrooms and appliances, but cheap cupboards. Also, we got a combo washer/dryer (1.6 cubic feet). Useless to us, and there is no 220V line for a real dryer...might be a dealbreaker that forces us to sell.

http://is.gd/Qg7VdA

Happy to answer questions if you have them... devlin (dot) andrew (at) gmail (dot) com

The common areas look really nice, probably the nicest in Cityplace.
The wood ceiling above the kitchen and the travertine tiles on the bathroom walls are rather unique and impressive for Cityplace.
Seems like each building Concord builds gets progressively better and better.

The ventless washer/dryer-in-one units are the worst. They take half a day to complete a load (and each load is really small), and they still come out damp.
Don't know why Concord really cheaped out on this, I almost didn't rent at Panorama because of those combo units and certainly wouldn't buy because of it (definitely if there isn't a 220v outlet). At least there is a laundry room with full size washers & dryers for everyone to use for free if I really need to do a load fast -- don't know if there is one at Parade.

Also, we got a combo washer/dryer (1.6 cubic feet). Useless to us, and there is no 220V line for a real dryer...might be a dealbreaker that forces us to sell.

Can't you just hire someone to install a 220V line? It's just drywall around it. I wasn't impressed when I saw the 2-in-1 either. But if you check online, it isn't a cheap washer/dryer either. Price is around $1200 or so. I read Ariston is so so only. It looks nice but parts are hard to find for repairs because not many stores sell this brand. Samsung would have been a better choice for 2-in-1 if they really had to go that route.

Last edited:
Pics from our PDI today. We were a little underwhelmed with the size of the unit (860 sqft), but overall happy with the quality. Nice fixtures, bathrooms and appliances, but cheap cupboards. Also, we got a combo washer/dryer (1.6 cubic feet). Useless to us, and there is no 220V line for a real dryer...might be a dealbreaker that forces us to sell.

Happy to answer questions if you have them... devlin (dot) andrew (at) gmail (dot) com

nice pics ... thanks for posting.

i can't tell from the pics if there is space above your combo unit that would accomodate a separate stacked W/D if you were to have 220V installed as AKS suggested.

alot cheaper and less inconvenience than having to purchase something else and moving :)

There's a room dedicated to the washer/dryer for every unit I think. However, there's a rack above it to hang clothes dry. I'm not sure if it's wide enough to accommodate a big washer and dryer but it should be tall enough. I don't know how wide it is.

*edit*

I wanted to make a comment about the cupboards. At the presentation centre, they looked alright. But somehow in the unit, the colours aren't uniform and some not aligned properly. Since Concord has the same cabinets in their presentation center, they should be able to estimate how much it will cost for the cabinets. I suspect it's the contractor who is not doing it properly? Like installing different shipments to same unit so the tone varies? Or maybe the construction company went cheap with a cheap company? Or probably it's made in china so the quality is off. For example, the store selling the material might have the sample sent and installed for concord presentation centre (good version). They send the sample over to China to mass produce (they have really bad or no QA at all) so colour tones are off. Most stuff are MIC now though I think. Although they are good at imitating, their quality sucks.

Last edited:

Thanks for the photos Andiroo. I understand that the combo washer/dryer could be a deal breaker. But with such nice suite finishes, I think it's worth it to stick with it for a short while and then when absolutely needed, upgrade to a bigger capacity one, like this 4.2 cuft model from LG

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/home-appliances/washer-dryer-combos/LG-steam-washer-WM3988HWA.jsp

edit:
I realized that the 4.2 cuft combo washer/dryer won't fit the existing location without major modifications... that is just unfair.

Last edited:
Quick question and off topic from the bridge, but does anybody have an idea when the amenities at Parade 1 and 2 will be open for tenant use (ie- gym)? Can't find an answer anywhere. Saw the recent post with a picture of the amenities, but haven't heard anything about them yet.

Back