Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

4 March 2012: Bridges going up cranes are going down. Who's down with that?

009keq.jpg

Anyone else think the scaffolding around the church steeple at Dundas & Lansdowne reminds them of the tree in those 80's Lego sets? I call it the eX-mas tree.

I think most of the construction is happening on the ground. Going to look amazing once they lift it. Nothing like this in the Canada. It's so amusing to go back to page 1 and read all the sniveling about CityPlace. It's turned into such an incredible development and it keeps getting better. So much nicer than the mishmash of condos going up along the the bottom side of Liberty Village. As big multi-condiminum developments goes I can't think of a better executed one in Toronto. It's going to be a beautiful spring.

Sucks at street level.
Totally agree. It also sucks looking South from King and Spadina on the West side. It sucks as the 4th floor view from near King and Bathurst. Having said that it is too bad because imo it started out ok on the East side of Spadina...

I was walking around cityplace the other night and here's the most generalized assessment I can make right now. It's kind of nice at night with all the buildings lighting up the sky but really it really boils down to being a playground for the young singles crowd looking for a good time. And hey, if that makes a community, then so be it. maybe that's exactly why so many people live there! you never hear about the "community" or lack of community at College Park because I suspect there's just this pent up resentment or anger at the rich developer of Cityplace in Toronto (and Vancouver) who "screwed" up Toronto's waterfront. But put that all aside, and you still have a playground for young guys and girls who cruise each other at Sobeys or take their dogs for walks in the park so that they can "bump" into each other accidentally. simple as that. nothing more complicated. it actually works.

Compared to what? Which condo development has amazing street level?

^Hell yeah, that's why I wander down to CityPlace. Plus the hot CP singles think I'm exotic because I live in the east end.

Photos of Bridge at Parade

Just took a walk down to Parade, snapped a few photos of the bridge getting assembled on the ground.

Enjoy

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 242
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 256
That looks like the morning--beautiful. Not much beats a city in the morning. Last summer I had a job that required I rode my bike from the Annex to Parkdale each day around quarter to 7. Just stunning. Little Italy in the morning, especially.

Thats actually evening, as the sun is shining from the West. The fog lingered all day downtown. Looked pretty nice.

My favourite view in the city also happens in the morning though. Watching the sun rise just behind the islands while on my way to work is pretty nice. The sky is slightly bright, while the islands are just a silhouette. Then, while on the 25 Don Mills Bus, going over the DVP you get an amazing view of the skyline from the core all the way to Yonge and Bloor and beyond, with the sun shining off the East side of every building. Makes my morning commute a bit more interesting.

Last edited:

Back