Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

I always thought this building was in 6 parts. The two podiums, the two mid-rise portions, adn the two tower portions. They sold the podium first from what I remember.

I think 3+4 would probably be the mid rise. They have to build the podium first in order to build the towers on top. They sold the podium first. I heard they sold the flats on the bridge already. So the towers should go up. I don't think they released the mid towers yet though so these might be on hold.

parade.jpg

From what I understand ...

Parade 1 is the east half on the right, including the 9s podium, the 18s Villas, Midrise and the 36s square tower (including Grade Parade which is the upper section)

Parade 2 is the west half on the left, including including the 9s podium (shown as Park + Courtyard Collection), the 18s Villas Midrise, and the 36s round tower (including Grade Parade 2 which is the upper section)

there isn't going to be Parade 3 or Parade 4 I don't think

Construction is going at a snail's pace. At this rate, it won't be done until 2013. There are people on site though.

Beleive me I have worked on every cityplace building since 2000 and once they are done forming the pg this place will rise pretty fast. I expect the west building drawings in the next 2 months or so.

Is this building unique because of the added complexities of building beside the railway? I know there are added regulations for developing next to the rails but there might also be some added construction hurdles that take longer. I am just speculating.

Beleive me I have worked on every cityplace building since 2000 and once they are done forming the pg this place will rise pretty fast. I expect the west building drawings in the next 2 months or so.

I hope you're right, although I think that may be too optimistic.

Can't wait for that building and the park to be completed. Parade will block my view of the railway very nicely.

I hope you're right, although I think that may be too optimistic.

Can't wait for that building and the park to be completed. Parade will block my view of the railway very nicely.

DAMB is correct. All Cityplace developments were like this. It will start shooting up rapidly soon. Especially once Luna is closer to completion, I bet.

umm... have you people seen the pace of the other cityplace buildings? I have no doubt this thing will shoot up.

Was in the Cityplace Presentation Centre the other day to check out Parade 2 (the circular tower). This is what I got:

1432 sf, 37th floor, SE exposure, $960,800, $671/sf
718 sf, 37th floor, S exposure, $486,800, $678/sf
688 sf, 36th floor, S exposure, $463,300, $673/sf
573 sf, 39th floor, W exposure, $360,600, $629/sf

I was sort of, wtf? If there's a slowdown, it doesn't show (in new construction anyways).

that sounds like Grand Parade 2 prices (being in the upper section of the circular tower ... above the 'bridge' level)

given its the 'upper section' of Parade 2 the prices do make sense, I guess the simple explaination would be Concord Adex is standing firm on the price ... just like what Tridel is doing (not offering massive $10 k + discounts)

sources tell me that Tridel doesn't want to join/partipate in the discount pricing war like some builders, which only lead to continued downward spiral (they think regardless of the discount, purchasers just aren't in the mood to BUY right now due to uncertainty)... Tridel's strategy is to stay low key during current RE market (pull advertisements), let market confidence pick up, and then start massive marketing waves again

Agreed, except Parade is already under construction, whereas Tridel's projects are mostly in the marketing phase.

And yes, those prices are for units in Grand Parade 2, the upper floors of the circular tower above the bridge. Incidentally, did you guys know they'll have actual condo units in the bridge (along with amenities)??

that sounds like Grand Parade 2 prices (being in the upper section of the circular tower ... above the 'bridge' level)

given its the 'upper section' of Parade 2 the prices do make sense, I guess the simple explaination would be Concord Adex is standing firm on the price ... just like what Tridel is doing (not offering massive $10 k + discounts)

sources tell me that Tridel doesn't want to join/partipate in the discount pricing war like some builders, which only lead to continued downward spiral (they think regardless of the discount, purchasers just aren't in the mood to BUY right now due to uncertainty)... Tridel's strategy is to stay low key during current RE market (pull advertisements), let market confidence pick up, and then start massive marketing waves again

Given that do they plan on stalling Hullmark and a few of their other projects?

re: Tridel projects ... well in fact most of the current projects listed on their website are either under construction or completed (except for 5 sites: 300 Front, Huntington, Parc Nuvo, Hullmark Centre, Avonshire) ... and of course everything I say is based on what they tell me (note: I do not work for / represent Tridel)

back on topic ... yeah the 2 level bridge in Parade is very cool, the upper bridge level will be amenities (party rooms, lounges, etc) whereas the lower bridge level will contain signature series suites ... if I remember correctly, there will be 4 suites on the lower bridge level

TOBoy said:
Was in the Cityplace Presentation Centre the other day to check out Parade 2 (the circular tower). This is what I got:

1432 sf, 37th floor, SE exposure, $960,800, $671/sf
718 sf, 37th floor, S exposure, $486,800, $678/sf
688 sf, 36th floor, S exposure, $463,300, $673/sf
573 sf, 39th floor, W exposure, $360,600, $629/sf

I was sort of, wtf? If there's a slowdown, it doesn't show (in new construction anyways).

At those prices, I wouldn't be surprised if there was 50% profit margin.
If they substantially sold units in the lower half of Parade, then they may not need the critical mass in sales from the upper units to get financing and begin construction.

They will play the waiting game to see if sales pick up.
It may depend on how much capital they have and also how many more units in the other projects of Cityplace there are still for sale.
The longer it takes to sell and the closer to completion of the tower will be when discounts come in.

Back