Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

How are sales on that project anyone know.??? Will really add a peek to the western edge of town, if it goes 800 ft ++. Why are they taking so long with this one.....

No sales yet, because i believe it will be the final building to be built at CityPlace, and at the moment there are still three or four 30 or so storey buildings to be marketed and built on the south western edge of this massive development.

If someone could,..... illustrate each empty lot, as far as whats going where in that last pic.??? Whats goin in the brown lot...then the green lot..(looks like a temporary park), or is anything planned for west of Parade??
An updated map of sorts for the whole area , would be cool . Form Success to parade, still alot to be done....I count, Success2, Backstage/L Tower, Ice I and II, Ice Office, Delta, Southcore Office Tower, PWC, InfinityX2 , Parade and Signature,(unsure of sales status, or if its even in sales??). What else am I missing????

No sales yet, because i believe it will be the final building to be built at CityPlace, and at the moment there are still three or four 30 or so storey buildings to be marketed and built on the south western edge of this massive development.

Are there any kind of renders, for that tower, Beyond that vision from the lake from 10 years ago??

If someone could,..... illustrate each empty lot, as far as whats going where in that last pic.??? Whats goin in the brown lot...then the green lot..(looks like a temporary park), or is anything planned for west of Parade??
An updated map of sorts for the whole area , would be cool . Form Success to parade, still alot to be done....I count, Success2, Backstage/L Tower, Ice I and II, Ice Office, Delta, Southcore Office Tower, PWC, InfinityX2 , Parade and Signature,(unsure of sales status, or if its even in sales??). What else am I missing????

Library Condos will be there as well. Take a look at their website - http://www.librarydistrictcondos.com/ . Also check out Garrison at the Yards - http://www.theyards.ca

I for one think that City Place takes too much greif from people.
I for one think this whole project is amazing. We would watch in envy were this happening in Detroit. We take this for granted, just give this ten years and then walk down Bremner, and tell your kids how this was industrial wasteland, and how it was reclaimed, from the past and reborn into a massive neighborhood, In time the right bars and resteraunts will settle in and grocery and Apple stores will appear , it will take time... but this is a full scale restoration and a massive project.
Was/is the federal govt involved? funding? Selecting contractors. and design teams? Picking contractors. Provincial?? Or is this the city and the private sector??

That's what I recall too. Originally it was industrial and warehousing, then they were cleared for the driving range.

When the old rail yards were moved, it cleared the area , it just took a generation for the civic will power, economy and presales to allow it to come to fruition.
A sort of " you can hit your golf balls there for now!!"....

Those pics clearly illustrate the problem with city place ........

I should note the second phase i.e. west of Spadina is much much better.
But regarding the original space, check out the large underused podiums.

I know everyone is going to hate the hell out of me but...

This is from August 2004, taken from Wikimedia. Driving range and 9-hole pitch-and-putt are clearly visible, among countless other changes.

CityPlace2004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know everyone is going to hate the hell out of me but...

This is from August 2004, taken from Wikimedia. Driving range and 9-hole pitch-and-putt are clearly visible, among countless other changes.

Why would we hate you for this? We all know that a driving range was there before the current round of building, the question is what was there before the driving range.

In that, I was wrong. I could have sworn that the area had been occupied by derelict industrial / warehousing buildings, but evidently the entire area had been taken up by rail yards (and parking lots?), as I now recall several photos from the 1960s and early 1970s that clearly showed this. The old industrial district must have been south of the rail yards.

Back