Toronto Organic Garage | ?m | 2s | SMV

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3824333&isCofASearch=false
33 LAIRD DR
Ward 26 - North York District

►View All Properties

Construct a new two storey building containing commercial space and retain the existing Historically preserved building Total combined gross floor are is 4,389.07 square metres.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 15 222368 NNY 26 SA Sep 14, 2015 Under Review
OPA & Rezoning 15 222354 NNY 26 OZ Sep 14, 2015 Under Review

Good. This building was just recommended for inclusion on the Heritage Register in May.
Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 11.40.22 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 11.40.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 11.40.22 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,366
Last edited:
Thread title adjusted. This development is by Beaux Properties in partnership with Quaestus. Architect is SMV.

More info to follow!

I noticed one of the possible usage is "Food Store",.... have the tenant been determined yet? I'm guessing it's OrganicGarage! But there's a Longo's a few block north and a Loblaws south on the other side of the bridge.

https://ceo.ca/@thenewswire/organic-garage-plans-expansion-to-torontos-leaside

by @thenewswire on February 6, 2017
Organic Garage Plans Expansion to Toronto's Leaside Neighbourhood
(TheNewswire)

February 6, 2017 / TheNewswire / Toronto, Canada: Organic Garage Ltd. (“Organic Garage”) (CSE:OG) is pleased to announce that is has entered into a lease agreement for a new location situated in the Leaside neighbourhood of Toronto. This will be the company’s fourth store and second in the Toronto market.

Matt Lurie, CEO of Organic Garage commented, “We are very excited to bring Organic Garage to this incredible neighbourhood just northeast of Toronto’s downtown core. This location continues our commitment to developing the Toronto market and bringing healthier food for less to more customers.”

The location will be more than 12,000 square feet and a one-stop shopping experience for customers, incorporating a large 100% dedicated Certified Organic produce department, a self-serve salad bar, and a large variety of grocery, dairy, bakery, meat, frozen foods, vitamins & supplements, health& beauty, and bulk food items.
OrganicGarage_Leaside1.png

About Organic Garage Ltd.

Organic Garage (CSE: OG) is one of Canada’s leading independent organic grocers committed to offering its customers a wide selection of healthy and natural products at everyday affordable prices. The company’s stores are in prime retail locations designed to give customers an inclusive, unique and value-focused grocery shopping experience. Founded in 2005 by a fourth generation grocer, Organic Garage is headquartered in Toronto and operates a highly efficient supply chain through its centralized distribution centre. The company is focused on continuing to expand its retail footprint within the Greater Toronto Area. For more information please visit the Organic Garage website at www.organicgarage.com

For further information please contact:
Evan Clifford, Director
T: (416) 201-9390
E: investor_relations@organicgarage.com
W: www.organicgarage.com

https://ceo.ca/@thenewswire/organic-garage-plans-expansion-to-torontos-leaside

Whole bunch of folks in Leaside going nuts trying to figure out where OrganicGarage will set up,....
http://bayview-news.com/2017/02/organic-grocery-store-for-leaside-but-address-a-mystery.html/

Attachments

• OrganicGarage_Leaside1.png
    OrganicGarage_Leaside1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,457
Looks like it is, according to this article: http://bayview-news.com/2017/02/grocer-to-anchor-complex-at-laird-dr-and-canvarco-rd.html/

The South Bayview Bulldog has learned that grocery firm Organic Garage is contracted to open in the planned redevelopment of the property at 33 Laird Drive across the street from Leaside arena. David Brook, a broker for Bridlepath Progressive Real Estate say the 79,000 square foot property at the corner of Laird and Canvarco Rd. will be the location of the grocery store and for much other retail and commercial tenancy. The property was designed by SMV Architects and is being developed by Quaestus Corp. Units on the second level are available for purchase. Curiosity was raised this week with a news release that Organic Garage would locate its fourth store somewhere in Leaside. Both Mr. Brook and Matt Lurie, head of Organic, confirmed that a rendering of new store with the release offers the intended appearance of the business when it is finally opened. It has a historic quality not unlike the genuine railway heritage building in First Capital’s Leaside Village at Laird and Esandar Drive which now houses Longo’s. Mr Brook has promised more information about the new retail project in coming days.

Wow,... so within a 1.5km of Laird soon there'll be 5 supermarkets: hidden Loblaws, OrganicGarage (soon), Longo's, Sobeys and Walmart (soon),.... whereas 10 years ago there was just the hidden Loblaws. And I'm not even talking about all the other supermarket on the other side of the track in Thorncliffe (Food Basics, Costco (soon), Sunny, ShoppersDrugMart, Loblaws SuperCentre),.... definitely not a food desert area here! Thorncliffe is interesting in that it's a priority neighbourhood that's not a food desert.

Inching forward.

As per this report in the Financial Post:

Construction (fit out?) due in 4th quarter this year, opening 2nd quarter 2020

Excellent. This is a short walk to my house. The shopping options keep multiplying in Leaside. Unfortunately, so does the price of groceries.

well especially if you shop at organic garage - it’s probably one of the most expensive grocery stores. Freshco for me thanks, keeps my food costs under control.

well especially if you shop at organic garage - it’s probably one of the most expensive grocery stores. Freshco for me thanks, keeps my food costs under control.

Innsert spends all his riches on gas and 407 tolls, LOL .......

Can't afford the 28-day, dry aged New York Strip Steak and the Cali Cab to go with!

Back