News   Jul 25, 2024
 493     0 

Ontario Public Sector 100k list

kEiThZ

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.torontosun.com/news/2009/03/31/8951366.html

Uggh, I hate this thing. I don't know why they don't scrap it or at least adjust it for inflation. Every time this thing gets published it brings out the knuckle-draggers to the comments pages. Half the people on there are finance, IT, legal or medical professionals who would be a bargain at a 100k.

The really should take this up to at least 150k and exclude medical professionals. It's ridiculous that virtually every family doctor in the province makes it on that list.

just a joke.

Every time this thing gets published it brings out the knuckle-draggers to the comments pages.

i know, just take a look at this comment:

Keith
March 31st 2009, 2:57pm

Anybody on here have the experience and knowledge to manage one of the largest utility systems in the world compromised pre-dominantly of nuclear and hydro-electric power generation systems? If you do, then please tell us how much you would work for?

You get what you pay for. If you want to pay the head of your utility peanuts, well you'll get management that's also worth peanuts. I for one am happy that the government pays these people well. I don't want to have rename Pickering as Chernobyl II any time soon.

Anybody who thinks she is overpaid at less than a million should have a look at what utility CEOs elsewhere get paid. She is paid lower than many third world utility managers.

hehe...t'was me. But seriously have a look at the rest of the comments on there.

the only thing that might be worthwhile to look at in that paper is the sunshine girl page.

I second that. But you do get the same type of comments at the liberal party rag as well.

i wasn't talking about the comments. comment sections are open to everybody from any political spectrum. i was talking about the quality of the articles.

I second that. But you do get the same type of comments at the liberal party rag as well.

Comments can take a well-written and thoughtful article, and reduce it to complete trash. They are a pox.

CBC.ca has done downhill since they introduced comments. They attract the scum of the Earth.

I blame YouTube (worst comments on Earth).

The list includes many of my coworkers and trust me when I say that none of them are nuclear scientists. Snicker. "general duty officer" is the category we are listed as on that list. We work many o/t hours to make it onto that list because we don't see many people lining up to do our jobs and are always understaffed. It's quite alright with me to make under the 100k cause I like my privacy and my free time.

The only newspaper/magazine forum that I've seen that is halfway bearable is Macleans.ca. All the major dailies are infested with meat puppets who dutifully copy and paste talking points.

The only newspaper/magazine forum that I've seen that is halfway bearable is Macleans.ca. All the major dailies are infested with meat puppets who dutifully copy and paste talking points.

The New York Times has an ingenious method of screening trolls. They let a team of editors sift through all the comments after an op-ed piece and pick the ten best (from a diverse range of opinions) to post after 24 hours. Everything else gets junked. This promotes high quality posting, because comment trolls are like graffiti taggers - they just want to be seen, or revel in firing up the crowd - so deleting all but the best posts within one day discourages trolling. It also makes people outcompete one another to write the best comments possible.

This here is a very closed group of people who tend to be exclusive and insulting (attacking literary skills) towards others when we disagree with their opinions. If people have to kiss ass to get their opinions out here then it's not really worth the effort with all the other forums out there.
What I imagined to be a possible enlightening experience here, turned out to be a rather vile one where the people appear to be aloof and rather anti social. Delete this message if you must.
The likes of Keithz and Hydrogen are on the attack constantly, both of you never really deserve a reply back and while there are others who don't really deserve being pointed out directly, and you know who you are, you will not be missed either. Yawns.
I hope I didn't hurt any of your feelings....but on the next federal election date, I will think of all the many here who support Harper's new vision for Canada and have a good laugh.

What I imagined to be a possible enlightening experience here, turned out to be a rather vile one where the people appear to be aloof and rather anti social. Delete this message if you must.

Is this the part of the Zach Braff movie where the protagonist cries in his lover's arms about how the world doesn't understand him?

Court work pays off in massive overtime

PAWEL DWULIT/TORONTO STAR
At almost $162,000, Michael Thompson is among Toronto's highest-paid police officers thanks, in part, to the overtime he logs appearing in traffic court. City nets $8 million from fines while traffic cops get $6 million in extra pay

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/609928

Back