News   Apr 19, 2024
 206     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 868     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.2K     2 

Ontario Northland/Northern Ontario Transportation

Article on it. Doesn't say the total number. Just says the "first 15".

Interesting isn't it. It reads like a test batch but they've done work on plenty of Metrolinx equipment in the past (around 10x that number).

So, still no Northlander.

I would have thought local media would have asked at the end of the press conference during the Q and A. There is usually one after other announcements. Maybe a journalist asked during a one-on-one at the event.

^ The press conference took place in North Bay, not Thunder Bay. It (the service) would restore the Toronto to Cochrane service and the local MPP, Vic Fedeli, is part of the party that promised it would return and has been quoted on where that stands. That's why I was curious on if any of the local North Bay/Northern Ontario/Northeastern Ontario-based media asked about it. Several northern-based outlets have done articles since the PCs were elected on where the promise stands and I've posted them in this thread over the past several months.

Last edited:
^ I read somewhere (that I, of course, can no longer find) that the previous off-season schedule had no service on Saturday and the latest one dropped service on Wednesday as well. Apparently passenger volumes on Wednesdays were low.

Sorry but people can fly to Timmins from Toronto. They have an airport. It's not that expensive.

^ The post isn't talking about service between Timmins and Toronto. It's talking about getting out of Moosonee/Moose Factory itself. I have no idea how expensive it is to fly out of there compared to the train.

^ The post isn't talking about service between Timmins and Toronto. It's talking about getting out of Moosonee/Moose Factory itself. I have no idea how expensive it is to fly out of there compared to the train.
A quick Google search: $520 round trip for Moosonee to Timmins, plus minimum of $220 round trip Timmins to Toronto.

The train from Moosonee to Cochrane starts at around $50 round trip. Big difference.

Back