Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Given that they've clearly showed his building in the renderings for the new station, and that the south part of his property is taken up by the new city street, and not the station, I don't know why Metrolinx is even involved.

Surely all they need is temporary usage of the parking lot.

Metrolinx's continued incompetence is amazing.

1625350812323.png

A major developer had plans to build an office community in Liberty Village. Now the province wants half his land for the Ontario Line

Mon., July 12, 2021

Given that they've clearly showed his building in the renderings for the new station, and that the south part of his property is taken up by the new city street, and not the station, I don't know why Metrolinx is even involved.

Surely all they need is temporary usage of the parking lot.

Metrolinx's continued incompetence is amazing.

View attachment 332214
Its not Metrolinx, its Infrastructure Ontario. The TOD program falls under them.

I don't understand why the developer is against this. If he just worked with IO, he would probably secure more density than the City would allow, and be backed up by an MZO in the event that the city refuses the proposal. It's really a win-win for any developer, especially with the opportunity to integrate a station or station access within their property - unless they had no plans on redeveloping any time soon.

Last edited:
Its not Metrolinx, its Infrastructure Ontario. The TOD program falls under them.

I don't understand why the developer is against this. If he just worked with IO, he would probably secure more density than the City would allow, and be backed up by an MZO in the event that the city refuses the proposal. It's really a win-win for any developer, especially with the opportunity to integrate a station or station access within their property - unless they had no plans on redeveloping any time soon.
An uncertain regulatory environment will scare off investors.

This type of story could also be posturing by the developer to try and get a better price for any expropriated land.
They’re just sitting on the land till it’s profitable. The article also mention they bought up multiple properties in the area.

From the GO Construction Projects thread from a few days back, I found the drawings on the engage site.

so looks like the blue platforms in the drawing are 100m already and looks like there is room to make them longer by at least another 20m. hopefully they future proof the OL for 120m platform length at the underground stations as well.

What is happening to the Toronto Star? Two won't you please think of the poor investors and developers owning large tracts of land in downtown Toronto inconvenienced by the Ontario Line articles in about a week. Did either of these developers even have a published plan of what they were going to be building or were they really just sitting on it speculating?

What is happening to the Toronto Star? Two won't you please think of the poor investors and developers owning large tracts of land in downtown Toronto inconvenienced by the Ontario Line articles in about a week. Did either of these developers even have a published plan of what they were going to be building or were they really just sitting on it speculating?
It seems for some reason Toronto Star has some serious beef with Metrolinx and the Ontario Line. Every week they are posting an article criticizing it. I wonder if they have a published from leslieville or some connections who are being impacted financially. Since when did Toronto Star care about multi million speculative investors and not the every day citizen. something seems fishy with the Toronto Star.

It seems for some reason Toronto Star has some serious beef with Metrolinx and the Ontario Line. Every week they are posting an article criticizing it. I wonder if they have a published from leslieville or some connections who are being impacted financially. Since when did Toronto Star care about multi million speculative investors and not the every day citizen. something seems fishy with the Toronto Star.

It's because the line was Ford's idea. It's the same partisan thing as the Post bashing Trudeau.

Back