Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

The station at Eglinton, on the west leg of the Line 1 is called "Eglinton West"; the new station meeting it on the crosstown will be called Cedarvale.
Its unclear to me if they intend to rename the balance of the station.
Cedarvale will be the unified station name.

Guys, there are more pressing issues to talk about. Like where the heck the washrooms on the OL will be!

And whether we can finally get some quality vending machines in stations!

A French Bistro w/patio would be nice too.

Will there be drinking fountains and water-bottle filling stations?

What will the colour scheme be.........?

And of course..............as per our transit experience.........which station will leak first!

Last edited:
Looks like they have no intention of preventing multiple escalator rides for the ECLRT/OL connection :rolleyes: You know, the transfer that actually matters.

AoD

I found that a bit disappointing too, the multi-level connection to Line 5. But with the extension of Line 2 to Sheppard (and considering that Line 5 will be street running east of Don Mills) I think that Line 2 is the more important transfer.

It looks like the transfers to Line 1 and 2 have been improved with the OL, but the transfer to Line 5 worsened. Hopefully the OL extension to Sheppard will have a better transfer, for when Line 4 is extended east.

So what? Enough of this whataboutism. SSE is being tunneled for its own reasons and EWLRT is plain stupid and should be entirely elevated like the Ontario Line. With this arrangement, we are expecting a transfer not too dissimilar to what's at Kennedy which while it isn't great, isn't the end of the world and will be passable. It also leaves a lot of room for a future fully elevated extension to Don Mills which would be cheap and easy.

I'm still holding out hope that the EWLRT will be value-engineered in the same process that the OL is going through right now. Elevation makes much more sense for the Richview corridor on Eglinton West.

sciencecentre.png
As you can see, it'll cross the roadway in a very important location, instead of sticking to one side. This will only worsen its impact on the public realm by making it less pedestrian-friendly.

How does this make it less pedestrian-friendly? It's above the roadway, not at-grade. Depending on the detailed design, it looks like they might add station access on the South East corner too.

The Science World in Vancouver seems pretty pedestrian friendly despite the elevated transit line next to it. In some parts of Vancouver, they even run a bike lane below the Skytrain.

The Crosstown Community will definitely not be affected, and moving the station to the South side of Eglinton means that extensions will not interfere with the Block 1 office (https://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/crosstown-community-block-1). However, the property on the North-East side will have less space. The city planned for a mid-rise there, but its viability is reduced due to the reduced land. Also, there were squares planned for the corners of the intersections, and this can't happen if there's a guideway and station in the way.

Honestly, I think the best solution (for the public realm) is to bury the line around the intersection.

A midrise isn't really appropriate for the site. This is a transit hub at the intersection of $16 billion in new grade-separated transit lines, in an established high rise neighbourhood. And with Bill 108, it looks like whatever the city intended doesn't much matter anymore since the province is upzoning at all new transit stations.

The Block 1 office is north-west of Don Mills/Eglinton, so it is actually less impacted by the new alignment on the east side of Eglinton.

Do you have a reference about the square on each corner? The OL station is located directly over the planned bus terminal on the North-East side, so I don't see how a public space could have been planned for that corner as well.

The line should go underground at the Don Mills and Eglinton Intersection forsure.... That intersection will be a disaster moving forward and an extremely busy one.

This line isn't at-grade, so there will be no interference with traffic at that intersection from the Ontario Line. It might be a disaster during construction, but not in operation (if anything, there should be a lot of buses cleared off the street with the Eglinton/Don Mills buses replaced). But looking at the REM in Montreal, elevated construction seems much faster and less disruptive than excavating a station below ground.

Roncesvalles would be pretty perfect.

The only quibble I have with that is that Roncesvalles doesn't reach Dundas West station, Roncesvalles ends 300m south. If Dundas gets "cancelled" Roncesvalles could get extended north to reach the station, though. And I guess the station is closer to Roncesvalles (300 m) than Pioneer Village station is to Black Creek Pioneer Village (800m).

Last edited:
View attachment 274512

The Overlea routing is pretty upsetting. So, instead of running along a wiiiide road they decided to run the line elevated through greenspace? I get that you want to reduce impacts on houses of worship, etc. but I don't think the tradeoff is worth it. I've also no idea to give feedback to Metrolinx (or whether it'll even matter; from what I've heard, they basically just ignore it all).

Yep, this is the only 2nd thing I dont like about the entire line, the 1st being no "Cherry" station.

My biggest complaint is that the 2nd station that you can see dotted out in Thorncliffe will now be no more, and I really think its needed to properly serve Thorncliffe Park.

However I like the new location of the Flemington Park station.

If they must have the MSF where they want it, then build a branch track to it and keep the main line on Overlea, with the 2nd station.

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:
Yep, this is the only 2nd thing I dont like about the entire line, the 1st being no "Cherry" station.

My biggest complaint is that the 2nd station that you can see dotted out in Thorncliffe will now be no more, and I really think its needed to properly serve Thorncliffe Park.

However I like the new location of the Flemington Park station.

If they must have the MSF where they want it, then build a branch track to it and keep the main line on Overlea, with the 2nd station.

View attachment 274620
Considering how this is the only instance of a second Thorncliffe Park being considered, and that not only is it not given a name or label on this map, but even in the initial maps there was no mention of "TP2", its safe to assume that the chances of "TP2" ever being a thing was slim to none.

Back