Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Can you provide a link to the development on the North-East side (city's mid rise?)... I haven't heard or seen anything about it. Isn't it just a Loblaws there that will probably never get broken down? Also what are the squares for the corners of the intersections what does that mean?
Sure! There is no development yet, but the city's Don Mills Secondary Plan plans one for that location.
Secondary Plan Presentation and Images
Scroll to the last page for a concept picture that shows the entire intersection.

Ontario Line North is Out

Any ideas on how they'll deal with the high voltage transmission corridor? Dip down to go under it? Burry the wires?
1602002235303.png

1602002040529.png

Attachments

• 1602002005116.png
    1602002005116.png
    816.4 KB · Views: 269
Yikes...Science Centre design being a puzzling disappointment would be an understatement...

While we're about to inherit Kennedy Station 2.0 - how does this affect the feasibility of a future extension to Don Mills Station at Fairview Mall? Elevated the whole way or part tunneled/elevated or fully tunneled?

They might want to rethink the name of the Crosstown Station "Science Centre" as Flemington Park will be it. What's wrong with "Eglinton - Don Mills" or "Eglinton Mills" or else... Same weird logic with refusing to name the station at Yonge "Eglinton-Yonge"

Yikes...Science Centre design being a puzzling disappointment would be an understatement...

While we're about to inherit Kennedy Station 2.0 - how does this affect the feasibility of a future extension to Don Mills Station at Fairview Mall? Elevated the whole way or part tunneled/elevated or fully tunneled?

They might want to rethink the name of the Crosstown Station "Science Centre" as Flemington Park will be it. What's wrong with "Eglinton - Don Mills" or "Eglinton Mills" or else... Same weird logic with refusing to name the station at Yonge "Eglinton-Yonge"
I think the idea is to just have it elevated the whole way to Don Mills, or at least elevated as much as they feasibly can, until the development starts at around Sheppard.

First observation, I still have extreme difficulty with their proposed MSF site on which much of this hinges.

They've indicated they're still looking............but ........uh...

The largest configurable site on the route they've identified is this:

View attachment 274498

Its 5 ha and change, less than 1/2 the size of Greenwood, seems like an insanely tight for for up to 250 trains!

Maybe they would use the properties on the east side of Beth Nelson Dr as well?

sciencecentre.png
As you can see, it'll cross the roadway in a very important location, instead of sticking to one side. This will only worsen its impact on the public realm by making it less pedestrian-friendly.

The "Science Centre" Station is to be elevated and f-a-r from the Science Centre. More closer to the "Real Canadian Superstore", so maybe that should be the name of the station. (If the corporation pays for it, of course.)

Maybe they would use the properties on the east side of Beth Nelson Dr as well?

The site I identified, which would appear the most logical, is Tremco (throwing a few folks out of work).

Tremco also controls the north side of the road; I assume if 1/2 their operation is ousted, there's a good chance they'll move it all.

But I don't know that, that's entirely speculative on my part.

Having a yard divided by a street seems peculiar to me, but its not intrinsically unworkable.

The site I identified, which would appear the most logical, is Tremco (throwing a few folks out of work).

Tremco also controls the north side of the road; I assume if 1/2 their operation is ousted, there's a good chance they'll move it all.

Having a yard divided by a street seems peculiar to me, but its not intrinsically unworkable.
We do have precedent at Davisville with Chaplin Cres.
1602003772255.png

Attachments

• 1602003775145.png
    1602003775145.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 247

My understanding was that Metrolinx initially planned to put the yard where the MBTW Group is on the east side of Beth Nealson.

There is no reason that Beth Nealson cannot be re-aligned, either. I could easily see Metrolinx moving it to the west to allow for a large enough area for the yard.

Back