Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

So I see they didn't create this line after all.

The purpose of this routing was to service a new station that Georgetown (Kitchener) and Barrie trains would terminate at, basically a Union West station.

I'm not sure if thats in the plan anymore, that station was renamed "Spadina" by Metrolinx but it is only servicing Barrie, and not a terminus station.

It would exist under the new Rail Deck Park btw.

Perhaps the Rail Deck Park could be reinvisioned as a "Union West" station for Kitchener/Milton/Barrie lines and Rail Deck Park megastructure all in one.

I really hope this "Ontario Line" will get funding like the Canada Line/REM did.

Howcome Vancouver and Montreal get funding from Canada Infrastructure Bank, Quebec Deposit and Investment Fund (the Vancouver Line in BC got funding from them, dont believe me? Look it up) etc and we are sitting here paying for this thing ourselves like suckers.

How come the largest city in Canada doesnt get investment like this? Meanwhile the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan does things like funds the Blue Jays and the poor tax (Ontario Lotto)

I made a very crude and rough idea how the Ontario Line could be expanded from Ontario Place.
Option A is to go along Lake Shore Blvd towards Long Branch go... Similar to Waterfront LRT.
Option B would to go along lakeshore. turn north to keele and head towards finch west, which based on ridership numbers is one of the busiest extension stations.
On the east side extend from science center to don mills.

Honestly, it would have been better to have the line go along Queen till it was under Dundas West and have the line go there.

Map With Go Transit included... looking at this it might be cost effective to have the Ontario line go Sydney metro style up the Richmond Hill line, this would mean it would be standard gauge instead of TTC guage which would make the trains incompatible with Line 2.
Sydney_Metro_train_testing.21078639.865e7318.jpg

View attachment 181150
I made a very crude and rough idea how the Ontario Line could be expanded from Ontario Place.
Option A is to go along Lake Shore Blvd towards Long Branch go... Similar to Waterfront LRT.
Option B would to go along lakeshore. turn north to keele and head towards finch west, which based on ridership numbers is one of the busiest extension stations.

Honestly, it would have been better to have the line go along Queen till it was under Dundas West and have the line go there.

View attachment 181151
Map With Go Transit included... looking at this it might be cost effective to have the Ontario line go Sydney metro style up the Richmond Hill line, this would mean it would be standard gauge instead of TTC guage which would make the trains incompatible with Line 2.
View attachment 181152
How are you getting the white background on Google Earth?

I really hope this "Ontario Line" will get funding like the Canada Line/REM did.

Howcome Vancouver and Montreal get funding from Canada Infrastructure Bank, Quebec Deposit and Investment Fund (the Vancouver Line in BC got funding from them, dont believe me? Look it up) etc and we are sitting here paying for this thing ourselves like suckers.

How come the largest city in Canada doesnt get investment like this? Meanwhile the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan does things like funds the Blue Jays and the poor tax (Ontario Lotto)

We did get federal funding from Spadina and SSE. What's there to fund for this project? There is hardly any details available.

AoD

View attachment 181150

View attachment 181151
View attachment 181152
How are you getting the white background on Google Earth?

We did get federal funding from Spadina and SSE. What's there to fund for this project? There is hardly any details available - and a perfunctory "we are going to fund this" when there is nothing to show for it is meaningless.

AoD

Last edited:

And furthermore why aren't big business, commercial developers and property owners in the finance district putting more pressure on the government to expedite the relief line as well as GO Transit improvements? The complete and utter paralysis on this front is directly hurting their bottom line and will eventually strangle economic growth in the core.

Actually, the REM only got a loan from the Canada Infrastructure Bank. The CDPQ invests 70% of the funds (including the $'s loaned by the CIB), the Governement of Quebec the remaining 30%.

The bridge is cheap but where will it go? The only possible solution I see is to demolish the current Eastern Av overpass and build a two level bridge over the Don. Maybe this can be Toronto's signature bridge LOL

Ontario line can go under Eastern Ave (the stub 2 lane one south of the Adelaide ramp), beneath Lawren Harris Square, below Bayview. Then go above grade in Corktown Commons.

I think there is enough room there for a LRT gradient to get above the tracks. Then over the river at the old Eastern Bridge (but higher). Avoids a couple of deep and expensive stops.

Throw in a cycle path on the bridge (in lieu of taking over some parkland).

You people need to grow up and you exemplify why nothing ever gets built in Toronto.

Be honest, if Wynne had proposed this you would be doing cartwheels but because iit's Ford all you can do is bitch. Small wonder Conservative governments have ignored Toronto transit for so long, no matter what they do it is wrong. Thinner, lighter vehicles are the best {and possibly only option} for this route due to the sharp corners and inclines but that doesn't matter, bitch all the same even though the rest of the planet has no problem with them.

As I stated earlier, a PPP is also the best financing route as it guarantees the project will come in on-time and on-budget as any overruns in time or money is 100% the responsibility of the private business and conversly it also means that the project can't be cancelled by the next government as they too would face unbearable and on-going penalties. Ford also said the line would carry up to 400,000 passengers a day and on only 15 km of track that means the stations will be at least 120 meters.

Back