Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Have they? That's about 3 times longer than the station boxes in the latest figure. And about twice as long as the current stations.
All the diagrams so far show 100m platforms. I have no idea where you are getting your 'station box is only 50m' from. It is definitely not from the Metrolinx site... 🤦‍♂️

For reference, is larger than what the Skytrain uses for their main metro lines. (20-25m longer, a 0.35m wider than Mark III)

The station boxes themselves have not been released. That will come later when EAs are done.

1604451738653.png

Last edited:
All the diagrams so far show 100m platforms. I have no idea where you are getting your 'station box is only 50m' from.
Where did I say they were only 50 metres? As I've noted much earlier in the discussion, the station boxes are 100 metres long. (platforms are normally shorter than station boxes.) What we see are similar station lengths to the Eglinton LRT,.

Superelevation said they were "3x100m". That's what I replied to, saying that was 3 times longer. It seems that he meant 3m×100m ... though I don't know where that comes from, as the bid documents wouldn't specify vehicle sizes, it would definer the number of riders per hour. Bidders can meet that different ways.

Last edited:
Where did I say they were only 50 metres? As I've noted much earlier in the discussion, the station boxes are 100 metres long. (platforms are normally shorter than station boxes.) What we see are similar station lengths to the Eglinton LRT,.

Superelevation said they were "3x100m". That's what I replied to, saying that was 3 times longer. It seems that he meant 3m×100m ... though I don't know where that comes from, as the bid documents wouldn't specify vehicle sizes, it would definer the number of riders per hour. Bidders can meet that different ways.

Hear is what you said: " And about twice as long as the current stations. "

100 ÷ 2 = 50m.

Did you miss the image I attached? they clearly, and I emphasize CLEARLY, state they are only showing the platforms in the digrams. Station footprints are not released yet.
1604510874201.png

The 3x100m number comes from the IBC. It is subject to change based on the bidders. But the gov assumes it would be close to this size if the bidder aims for 90s headways based on systems recently built around the world.

You realized that 3x100m is long than 13 TTC subway cars (longer than 2 trains)? It is a mistake if it appeared anywhere.

From the Crosstown thread (link).

If the Midtown GO Line's "Don Mills" Station is built, expect the "Science Centre" Station on Line 5 AND the Ontario Line to become a very busy transfer station.

1604521326907.png

Expect Peterborough to become a new commuter destination, IF this happens. Maybe even someplace called Scarborough as well.

The powers-that-be better start gathering real estate around the railway and between the railway and the "Science Centre" Stations (plural) today.
1604521449654.png

From link.

Last edited:
Hear is what you said: " And about twice as long as the current stations. "
Current stations are all 150 metres long, on Line 1 and 2. 150 × 2 = 300

I'm not sure what you are arguing here ... are you trying to say you have a better idea what I was saying than I do?

You realized that 3x100m is long than 13 TTC subway cars (longer than 2 trains)? It is a mistake if it appeared anywhere.

I think the trains should be 2km long. That way a train is technically always at a station. Makes way more sense than crappy dark TTC underground trains that can only be at one station at a time.

I can see the Metrolinx Blog now: "How The Ontario Line Gets You To The Next Station Without Even Moving"

I think the trains should be 2km long. That way a train is technically always at a station. Makes way more sense than crappy dark TTC underground trains that can only be at one station at a time.

I can see the Metrolinx Blog now: "How The Ontario Line Gets You To The Next Station Without Even Moving"
Just get an airport movator.

Have they? That's about 3 times longer than the station boxes in the latest figure. And about twice as long as the current stations.

As has been said 3 x 100m is 3m width 100m length

Back