Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

"Now approaching Science Centre station. Do not exit at this station for The Science Centre". Seems like a calamity for families with children and disabled people who will then need to travel over 400 meters to The Science Centre, when the Flemingdon Park station is on The Science Centre property and only 100m from the entrance.
Yes, it is almost criminally stupid from a wayfinding perspective.

"Now approaching Science Centre station. Do not exit at this station for The Science Centre". Seems like a calamity for families with children and disabled people who will then need to travel over 400 meters to The Science Centre, when the Flemingdon Park station is on The Science Centre property and only 100m from the entrance.
Just reverse the two station names. Keep in mind the under-construction Science Centre station is still within the Flemingdon Park neighbourhood.

Relevant material from the above; they really haven't figured out the MSF location based on the above (or are bald-face lying); the entire line cannot be built and word cannot be started without an MSF site in place. FFS

This is all ass-backwards!

Apparently they have issued notices of intent to residents of Minton Place in respect of possible expropriation.

The only thing worth saying here is, if this were the R/L, it would likely cross the valley at the same point.

Still, seems pre-mature.

Last edited:
Reactions: syn
I propose we keep the original name for Science Centre station, and rename Flemingdon Park to Parking Lot

The Next Station is Parking Lot.........Parking Lot station.............exit on your right to visit a car storage area, or the nearby Science Centre.

followed by.

The Next Station is Science Centre............Science Centre Station........exit on your right to find buses, a Loblaws, and more parking.....but no Science Cen
tre.

It blows my mind that you all want to hate on this so much that your main point is the names of the stations! It is so early the actual names will not be decided for a while...holy shit!

Not a fan of Doug Ford and there are obviously problems with this plan like there would be with everything. This is moving faster then any project ive seen in my lifetime. But come on the name of the station....brutal

The Next Station is Parking Lot.........Parking Lot station.............exit on your right to visit a car storage area, or the nearby Science Centre.

followed by.

The Next Station is Science Centre............Science Centre Station........exit on your right to find buses, a Loblaws, and more parking.....but no Science Cen
tre.

Not "Parking Lot Station" but the "Rob Ford Memorial Parking Lot Station"!

It blows my mind that you all want to hate on this so much that your main point is the names of the stations! It is so early the actual names will not be decided for a while...holy shit!

With the Eglinton Crosstown, the Science Centre name is already decided and set in stone.

Not a fan of Doug Ford and there are obviously problems with this plan like there would be with everything. This is moving faster then any project ive seen in my lifetime. But come on the name of the station....brutal

Two things.

First, the station name thing is both amusing; and relevant. No one is hating on the project, over station names, its just something being noted.

Second, this project isn't really moving.

Its not tender-ready.

They don't have the land assembled.

They haven't picked out a site for an MSF; and their proposed area for one is highly dubious.

Really, all the progress thus far is barely smoke and mirrors.

That's not to say it wont' happen.

But I would suggest some healthy cynicism is in order.

That would be true if this were being pursued under Wynne in the past, or Del Duca or Horvath in the future.

With the Eglinton Crosstown, the Science Centre name is already decided and set in stone.
What is the Eglington stop called on university part of line one??? And what will it be called once the new line opens? Things can change and probably will.

Two things.

First, the station name thing is both amusing; and relevant. No one is hating on the project, over station names, its just something being noted.

Second, this project isn't really moving.

Its not tender-ready.

They don't have the land assembled.

They haven't picked out a site for an MSF; and their proposed area for one is highly dubious.

Really, all the progress thus far is barely smoke and mirrors.

That's not to say it wont' happen.

But I would suggest some healthy cynicism is in order.

That would be true if this were being pursued under Wynne in the past, or Del Duca or Horvath in the future.

I think that my annoyance wasn't aimed at you and others you were joking with more about the people that actually seemed to have issues with it.

I agree that healthy cynicism is needed. But personally when I compare it to the speed at which the original RL was going this seems to be much faster. Though I am no expert so let me know if I am wrong.

What is the Eglington stop called on university part of line one??? And what will it be called once the new line opens? Things can change and probably will.

The station at Eglinton, on the west leg of the Line 1 is called "Eglinton West"; the new station meeting it on the crosstown will be called Cedarvale.

Its unclear to me if they intend to rename the balance of the station.

I think that my annoyance wasn't aimed at you and others you were joking with more about the people that actually seemed to have issues with it.

I agree that healthy cynicism is needed. But personally when I compare it to the speed at which the original RL was going this seems to be much faster. Though I am no expert so let me know if I am wrong.

The R/L did move slowly for a long time. (though its important to decide when you measure from)

But was in fact quite close to tender-ready when axed by Ford.

This move has caused a minimum delay of 3 years in starting any project.

But I have grave reservations as to whether this or any variation of an R/L will in fact begin 'early works' next year or start full construction at any point in 2022.

To provide an accurate sense of where things were; if they switched to the R/L tomorrow, I believe they could begin construction by late next year.

That is likely sooner than the O/L will see any tangible work done.

Last edited:

Back