News   Apr 19, 2024
 402     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 730     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 750     1 

Officer Down (Sgt. Ryan Russell)

I suppose they'll get their budget increase now.

Anyway, I've never understood why a dead cop is more of a tragedy than a civilian. They do after all carry arms and did sign up knowing full well the hazards of the job.

Anyone getting killed while being in service to the public is a tragedy, regardless of what one thinks about the police as a whole.

AoD

Last edited:
very sad. the guy who caused this must be one very messed up individual. apparently, he ran and stole the truck with no shoes on in the middle of winter.

Tragic loss :( No news yet why this nut case went on a rampage with a snowplow out of all things.

very sad. the guy who caused this must be one very messed up individual. apparently, he ran and stole the truck with no shoes on in the middle of winter.
Was Linda Ronstadt watching?
barney.GIF

Just my two cents; its great that the officer put his life on the line to protect the normal citizens of Toronto. Yes they do that everyday, I think that the media went a little overboard by doing more than a normal news coverage on this officer. How he gets a full honor funeral and blah blah blah.... yeah and a memorial. How did he died as a hero, I don't know. Just too much media coverage and going overboard for commendations.

It's tragic that such a freak incident took the life of a police officer, who was prepared to contribute so much more to the community.

Considering what happened during G20, I can't say that police officers "contributing" more to the community would be a good thing anyways.

The truly tragic part is that a wife lost a husband and a child lost a father, not loss of "service" to the community.

the cop put himself in the way of a snow plow driven by an irrational person who was purposely smashing into cars along his joy ride. whereas most people would run away from such a sight, the cop put himself in the middle of it in an attempt to end the situation and it end up costing his life. i think all those who were trying to stop the plow & put themselves in danger's way in the process were heroic but the cop who got killed was more than just a hero. what is the big deal to some folk? let this guy be honoured.

what i think is sad/ironic about this, is that the officer used to work for the drugs and guns squad.
he survives that but gets run down by a snow plow ...

similar to the soldier who goes to service in iraq and comes home in one piece but is killed driving on the road in NA

Back