Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
A little noise? I happen to work with and around the trains that run on those tracks. So I know exactly just how loud they can be(even from hundreds of feet away), especially when your in full throttle as I am when I'm passing by your building. Maybe the noise doesn't bother you at all and if that's the case I am happy for you, but the one thing those MP-40's are not, is quiet.

I don't think he mentioned anything about the trains being quiet when outside.

Maybe you should take a tour of one of the many condos that sit along the track and wait for a train to pass and see if it's as loud from the inside as you seem think.

I agree, if a door is open or your on a balcony those trains are far from quiet :) .

The glass is meant to shake/give, right? If it was stiff, it would have broken by now. I guess that the noise from the wind cannot be avoided. Seems pretty sturdy.

I'm surprised about the noise insulation of the glass, however. I close my doors most of the time and don't hear the avg train go by (GO trains) or highway noise for that matter: the sound insulation is actually quite good. However, those heavy-duty trains (no idea how to describe) carrying tanks and other cargo, those are crazy noisy and they always seem to run at around 3am. Luckily few and far between for those heavy trains.

This indeed confirms that NXT-2 will be 35 stories

105 THE QUEENSWAY
Condominium Approval 11 311965 WET 13 CD Ward 13
- Etob. York Nov 18, 2011 --- --- --- ---
Standard condominium application involving a 35 storey residential building atop a 4 level underground parking garage (Phase 2). The application provides for 525 residential units and 527 parking spaces (residential and visitor).

This indeed confirms that NXT-2 will be 35 stories

105 THE QUEENSWAY
Condominium Approval 11 311965 WET 13 CD Ward 13
- Etob. York Nov 18, 2011 --- --- --- ---
Standard condominium application involving a 35 storey residential building atop a 4 level underground parking garage (Phase 2). The application provides for 525 residential units and 527 parking spaces (residential and visitor).

I knew that NXT2 was going to be taller but didn't know that they will have 4 undergrd levels (instead of the original 3).

Crane is up and construction seems to be underway.

Based on timing from NXT - I would assume that NXT 2 would be completed and occupancy will begin in September 2012

Drove by on the Gardiner today and noticed that NXT-2 is just hitting ground level...so another year to top-off and approx. 7 months to move in ...so Sept-2013 sounds about right

Feb 02
Heading to Toronto for a meeting from a meeting in Burlington
6812529101_a5d96070c2_b.jpg

6812529949_568d8991e6_b.jpg

6812530693_32f7dce2c0_b.jpg

No, I'm not asking who designed NXT-I. I'm wondering about the original, curvy tower.

EDIT: Okay, I did some digging around and it was Pellow + Associates Architects Inc.

Last edited:

Back