News   Jul 25, 2024
 675     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 509     0 

Nudity at Harbourfront

genkav

Member Bio
Reaction score
i've found in my adventures and explorations down by the harbourfront, that the place has a lot to offer. a lot of the stuff is free, and if not, it's relatively cheap.

now they're bringing some culture into the Tdot (because we can't have enough of that!) with the world stage. i've read up on some of the posters i saw lining the area, and they're all world renowned acts.

spaghetti western orchestra is one of them, and they're def. an odd bunch of performers. here's a pretty cool youtube vid of them performing.

anyways to the nudity. they have a bunch of performance artists that bare all for the productions. for a community run place like harbourfront, is it proper for them to be displaying such productions? i mean, i can understand under a private establishment, but this is owned by the city of toronto.

i applaud harbourfront for what they bring to the city in terms of arts and entertainment, but is this too much?

No, it's not too much for the City of Toronto. Even Rob Ford is naked, beneath his clothes. This is dance, after all, which is about the body and what it can do.

That reminds me, Kit Johnson's back at World Stage in a couple of days. I'll have to see if I can get a ticket - her performance X-act there in 2004 was a standout.

yes kit johnson is back, i've read a lot about johnson and have heard good things. might have to check that out too.

Back