News   Apr 23, 2024
 106     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 607     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 415     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Truckers, like farmers, are essential workers and ordinary people trying to earn a living. We should appreciate them because they and workers from similar fields are the backbone of our economy. If they didn’t stand up to draw a line on rights and freedoms, I’m not sure who else would.
What a crock of logical fallacy.

So, this “convoy” represents all farmers and truckers, huh?

I should tell my hometown friends. I grew up on a working farm south of Shelburne. I was mucking horse stalls and baling alfalfa by the time I was 10. I still have my 4H membership card around somewhere.

Not a single person here said they don’t appreciate farmers, truckers or essential workers of any kind.

That could however be viewed as terribly fascistic ;)
Good thing UT isn’t a country. Well, I don’t think “fascism” was ever properly defined by the party in question, so maybe it does apply?

Best I can tell it translates to “you don’t give my paranoid conspiracy as much weight as other ideas”

It's already been pointed out that 90% of truckers are vaccinated. So this minority should rule parliament? When did that become anyones defintion of democracy? I think right now working is the key word, everyone is working to keep things ticking over, no one is more important than someone else. I'd like to know what freedom is being violated when you vaccinate against a disease, it's a virus it doesn't have a political agenda. If you set a precedent that he who whines loudest rules the roost, you might yourself drowned out one day.
It’s not about the 10% who are unvaccinated. It’s about protecting people’s right to choose the nature and level of protection for themselves. Again, I think vaccination is good. The value of vaccination isn’t what’s at issue.

Last edited:
Truckers, like farmers, are essential workers and ordinary people trying to earn a living. We should appreciate them because they and workers from similar fields are the backbone of our economy. If they didn’t stand up to draw a line on rights and freedoms, I’m not sure who else would.

I will be the first to stand up for debating any issue whatsoever, whether I think the facts are in or not. I'm quite comfortable in my ability to defend my ideas.

That said; the above is a bizarre basis of any argument.

For a start, the actual association representing Trucker's in Canada has a contrary view:

1643500127930.png

You can find the above statement, and a good deal more at their website:

Putting aside whether the views of those in the convoy are remotely representative of the trucking community, and evidence certainly suggests they are not...........

The substance of your statement could be read as: Nurses, Doctors and Teachers are not hard-working essential workers, and therefore their opinions don't count; or you expect them to be too cowardly to speak out.

I happen to think that there are logical points to debate in terms of legislative actions and policies implemented currently and throughout the pandemic.

Some, made enormous sense; some were late and half-hearted; but others were at the very least debatable in respect of whether the real harms they caused (delayed medical procedures being an obvious example) were justified by the epidemiological value.

You do your cause no service, by tangential wandering or gross over-reach.

It’s not about the 10% who are unvaccinated. It’s about protecting people’s right to choose the nature and level of protection for themselves. Again, I think vaccination is good. The value of vaccination isn’t what’s at issue.
The point is they are not taking on board rational discussion based on fact, they question even the people who present the facts. If they lived on an island with no one else around then by all means live your truth but you can't tell who is immune compromised by looking at them, you could get on an elevator with someone going thru chemo and not know it. Would you really want to put a stranger's life in danger for the sake of your own unsupported beliefs? I wouldn't be able to do that. I respect your opinion but we are all vulnerable to this virus, I've had a mild case and it was pretty awful. I did the 2 shots and will get a booster because I want to be a good neighbour, anything that slows it down is fine by me.
It's good to challenge authority but I don't think they have much ammo in this case.

💡Sweden decides against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-12​

what happened different kids and different science over there 😂😂😅 jk...

Last edited:
The point is they are not taking on board rational discussion based on fact, they question even the people who present the facts. If they lived on an island with no one else around then by all means live your truth but you can't tell who is immune compromised by looking at them, you could get on an elevator with someone going thru chemo and not know it. Would you really want to put a stranger's life in danger for the sake of your own unsupported beliefs? I wouldn't be able to do that. I respect your opinion but we are all vulnerable to this virus, I've had a mild case and it was pretty awful. I did the 2 shots and will get a booster because I want to be a good neighbour, anything that slows it down is fine by me.
It's good to challenge authority but I don't think they have much ammo in this case.
We shouldn’t fear each other. If you’re immune-compromised take extra precautions. Give space to vulnerable people and make the best treatments available. If you’re sick, stay home. Personal discretion is essential to liberty. Look, it’s been two years. We need to learn to live with the virus as we live with the flu. Even the provincial and Toronto’s health chiefs say this. We have to lift mandates and restrictions as other jurisdictions are doing or we really do risk suspending freedoms beyond any reasonable emergency measure. It really does become a Charter breach. It’s time.

💡Sweden decides against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-12​

what happened different kids and different science over there 😂😂😅 jk...

You mean the same Sweden that had almost double our deaths/100K population figures (and 7-8x that of their Nordic neighbours - Norway and Finland, and 3x that of the Danes)? You got one thing right - just what happened to the science over there?

AoD

Last edited:
I will be the first to stand up for debating any issue whatsoever, whether I think the facts are in or not. I'm quite comfortable in my ability to defend my ideas.

That said; the above is a bizarre basis of any argument.

For a start, the actual association representing Trucker's in Canada has a contrary view:

View attachment 377353

You can find the above statement, and a good deal more at their website:

Putting aside whether the views of those in the convoy are remotely representative of the trucking community, and evidence certainly suggests they are not...........

The substance of your statement could be read as: Nurses, Doctors and Teachers are not hard-working essential workers, and therefore their opinions don't count; or you expect them to be too cowardly to speak out.

I happen to think that there are logical points to debate in terms of legislative actions and policies implemented currently and throughout the pandemic.

Some, made enormous sense; some were late and half-hearted; but others were at the very least debatable in respect of whether the real harms they caused (delayed medical procedures being an obvious example) were justified by the epidemiological value.

You do your cause no service, by tangential wandering or gross over-reach.
Ha, I’m in one of those essential fields and see the effects first hand on frontline workers. Why are you flogging gross government overreach? I thought maybe you had an appreciation for what has been compromised by restrictions and mandates. Yes we know the Covid story. Believe me, I manage those protocols intimately each day. What wandering? I don’t like seeing thousands of essential workers being characterized as extremists or morons. What, we can’t question government policies that are likely an extreme breach of Charter rights? C’mon. There are many fully-vaccinated truckers in the convoy. They’re trying to protect freedom in Canada.

Last edited:
Stop using words you have zero clue to their meaning.
What makes you so expert? Arrogant and pretentious.

When one of the Charter writers and our most prominent Canadian intellectual take issue with restrictions and mandates as Charter breaches, damn right we should be worried!

Stop using words you have zero clue to their meaning.
What makes you so expert? Arrogant and pretentious
Think for yourself and respect others’ rights to think for themselves. We can all read. We can make informed decisions to protect ourselves and our families. Don’t need the state to do that on my behalf, thanks.

What makes you so expert? Arrogant and pretentious

Think for yourself and respect others’ rights to think for themselves. We can all read. We can make informed decisions to protect ourselves and our families. Don’t need the state to do that on my behalf, thanks.

It's not just about protecting you and your family - public policy is also about making choices to protect the public at large. This is like arguing you should have the "right" to travel at any speed anywhere on the roads because your "skills"are sufficient to protect yourself.

AoD

It's not just about protecting you and your family - public policy is also about making choices to protect the public at large. This is like arguing you should have the "right" to travel at any speed anywhere on the roads because your "skills"are sufficient to protect yourself.

AoD
The restrictions, mandates, and digital passports are much farther reaching than that. C’mon. At this stage of the game these sorts of policies are extreme. Anyway, Canada’s federal government started this and the US feds have followed suit. We could all be living under these conditions for a long time. I guess if you’re ready to retire to a quiet life, you have a lot of property, companions in your bubble, and plenty of time and money for uploading documents, paying for tests, and waiting for results, you can travel (be prepared for your quarantine). Don’t forget your mask and to download the ArriveCAN app. Have you got your boost yet? Please upload the proof to your attestation. Also, case counts are a little high. Time to close your dining room, cancel your Christmas party..,Got a problem with that? Take it to HR. We’ll only suspend your pay until you get your boost. Oh and what about your kids? No vaccine for your 6 year old? Sorry, can’t enter the movie theatre. What has happened to Canada?

Yes, if restrictions don’t lift, I’ll try to move elsewhere, you’ll be happy to learn. I want my kids to grow up in a free country.

The restrictions, mandates, and digital passports are much farther reaching than that. C’mon. At this stage of the game these sorts of policies are extreme. Anyway, Canada’s federal government started this and the US feds have followed suit. We could all be living under these conditions for a long time. I guess if you’re ready to retire to a quiet life, you have a lot of property, companions in your bubble, and plenty of time and money for uploading documents, paying for tests, and waiting for results, you can travel (be prepared for your quarantine). Don’t forget your mask and to download the ArriveCAN app. Have you got your boost yet? Please upload the proof to your attestation. Also, case counts are a little high. Time to close your dining room, cancel your Christmas party..,Got a problem with that? Take it to HR. We’ll only suspend your pay until you get your boost. Oh and what about your kids? No vaccine for your 6 year old? Sorry, can’t enter the movie theatre. What has happened to Canada?

Yes, if restrictions don’t lift, I’ll try to move elsewhere, you’ll be happy to learn. I want my kids to grow up in a free country.

Peace, order and good government.

AoD

Back