News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 661     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Another GTA plant is being expanded to be able to produce vaccines, up to 640M does of MRNA vaccines per annum, when complete in 2024.

200M in Federal dollars to help make it happen.

With the US and now the UK essentially fully opened up and in the US case dropping mask mandates, the pressures on Trudeau to get us to them same point ASAP.

Yes but the US and UK are much farther along the vaccine rollout.

Unless we somehow get 30 million doses overnight I don't see how we can drop the mask mandates faster.

Yes but the US and UK are much farther along the vaccine rollout.

Unless we somehow get 30 million doses overnight I don't see how we can drop the mask mandates faster.
In terms of percentage of people who have had their first dose, US is at 48% while Canada is at 45%. We will most likely pass the US in first doses per capita very soon. UK is over 55%.
Source

The US is well ahead of Canada for fully vaccinated at 38% vs 4%, while UK is at 30%. Many people in the US got the J&J meaning just one shot needed.

I wouldn’t follow the US’ lead on mask mandates though.

Just booked vaccine appointments for my wife and I now that we are eligible. I can understand other people's frustration with booking an appointment. A consolidated website to book appointments would be very useful. I waited "in line" for 35 minutes on the provincial system, entered my postal code, and found the earliest appointment was June 3rd. Before selecting a time, I visited the City's booking website with all their various health partners to see what they were offering. Nothing available through East Toronto Health Partners, which is closest to where we live, but an abundance available through the Scarborough Health Network. I was able to book appointments for this evening from hundreds of available slots at Centennial College (where my father volunteers). It's like finding a job - not what you know, but who you know (or who knows you).

I was something like 200K in the queue. I am getting shot next week on May 30th.
Be brave!
squad.jpg

Another GTA plant is being expanded to be able to produce vaccines, up to 640M does of MRNA vaccines per annum, when complete in 2024.

200M in Federal dollars to help make it happen.

That's just one piece - the rest of the supply chain (reagents, etc) still need to be considered.

AoD

Just booked vaccine appointments for my wife and I now that we are eligible. I can understand other people's frustration with booking an appointment. A consolidated website to book appointments would be very useful. I waited "in line" for 35 minutes on the provincial system, entered my postal code, and found the earliest appointment was June 3rd. Before selecting a time, I visited the City's booking website with all their various health partners to see what they were offering. Nothing available through East Toronto Health Partners, which is closest to where we live, but an abundance available through the Scarborough Health Network. I was able to book appointments for this evening from hundreds of available slots at Centennial College (where my father volunteers). It's like finding a job - not what you know, but who you know (or who knows you).

Is it any wonder that people who are most vulnerable are falling through the cracks? It is literally designed to work against those at the highest risk of exposure to COVID.

AoD

Positivity rate still isn't great and testing numbers are low, but I still hear of people waiting a couple of days before they can get tested.

Back