News   Apr 18, 2024
 664     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

From link.

The TTC has implemented various health and safety measures throughout the pandemic, and will continue to do so in accordance with public health guidance.

HVAC Photocatalytic Oxidation pilot testing is currently being finalized on the TTC’s streetcar fleet. In-service efficacy test results and peer agency data from similar pilots are still pending for this technology.

As part of the TTC’s efforts to mitigate airborne transmission, TTC staff have also commenced upgrades to the vehicle filter systems. The goal is to upgrade to MERV 13 filters, which are currently recommended by professional organizations, such as American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), for reducing airborne aerosol exposure to COVID-19. Typically, transit vehicles are designed to use HVAC filters in the range of MERV 5 to MERV 8. Table 2, shown below, details the status of filter upgrades for each mode.

Pilot testing to upgrade the Wheel-Trans bus fleet with a standalone filtration device that accommodates the vehicle’s compact HVAC design, is ongoing and is targeted for completion in Q3 2021
With respect to surface disinfection, the TTC continues to follow guidelines established by the Province of Ontario and is disinfecting vehicles twice daily while evaluating other available surface treatments.

As a pilot, the TTC has engaged a third party supplier to investigate the use of copper coating material as a means for surface treatment for COVID-19. Phase 1 testing has already been completed between this vendor and Vancouver’s Translink agency. Phase 2 testing is scheduled to commence in July with the inclusion of TTC’s subway fleet.
1620316149836.png

Ontario is reporting 3,424 cases of #COVID19 and over 54,100 tests completed.
A bit distressing that the cases aren't declining very quickly. At this rate we're actually going to need vaccinations to get the numbers down.

I don't think we will see a massive drop untill people get the second shot.

Even this low quality science infotainment story actually has a line in it admitting the headline is totally false.

Following the monograph means many of the infections found in the study occurred shortly after subjects received their first doses, and not two weeks later and beyond when immunity is thought to increase as a result of the injection.

It's almost as though Canadian media are anti-vaxx. Actually, I'm leaning to not even require the "almost" in that statement at this point.

Even this low quality science infotainment story actually has a line in it admitting the headline is totally false.

It's almost as though Canadian media are anti-vaxx. Actually, I'm leaning to not even require the "almost" in that statement at this point.

I don't think they are anti-vax (save certain columnists and outlets, though to call them "media" might be a stretch); I do think they are scientifically illiterate.

AoD

Last edited:
Anyhoo, the part 2 to that Qatar study:

AoD

Heh. Part 2, eh? Interestingly, the original link to the story preserved in the Tweet above now redirects to this. I have noticed CP24 do this before; completely revise, update and correct stories and republish them on their site them with a new headline.
They wipe the original story off their site and replace it without any visible acknowledgement. Not even the "published" time under the byline has changed even though the first paragraphs were rewritten. It is kind of a minimum accepted standard now to at least include an "story updated" tag with the time.

It figures. The day after I finally get my first shot through the province's website I finally get the email from Shopper's Drug Mart saying I can now book an appointment. It was only 20 days after I signed up for the waiting list! Oh well, hopefully someone else can use that spot.

It figures. The day after I finally get my first shot through the province's website I finally get the email from Shopper's Drug Mart saying I can now book an appointment. It was only 20 days after I signed up for the waiting list! Oh well, hopefully someone else can use that spot.
I got my Shopper's email about 12 hours before my appointment at St. Joseph's. And of course, the Shoppers offering was conveniently located in Woodbridge......Great.

Back