809     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 275     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 686     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

2) all retail, including supermarkets (where possible) curb side pick up only
How does exactly one pull that off?

Supermarkets are essential for reasons of selling essential goods...you know, like foods and subsistence peeps need to live and survive on. Making them curbside pick-up only would be logistical nightmare that would unlikely curb this pandemic in the end.

I would rather him walkback the decision than stubbornly hold onto it. It's not a bad thing to change you mind. As for this stupid carry on, I would be less stressed if the media was less hysterical in it's coverage. Ancient city found in Egypt? Meh. Russian troops massing in the Ukraine? Yawn. Volcano eruption forcing mass evacuation of an entire country? Nah. Plethora of stock footage featuring needles in arms? Now your talking! Like a face-picking methhead, they can't still. Keep the public informed but the on-going hysteria is not helpful. Some of them sound like they are having orgasms as they report the latest figures/info/data release. This virus is part of our lives and shouldn't be all encompassing

This is such an avoidable mess. Here’s what should have been in place by Christmas 2020:
1) all offices closed, mandatory wfh, all schools move online. Remaining so until numbers in decline.
2) all retail, including supermarkets (where possible) curb side pick up only
3) all essential workers (grocery, warehouse, etc) cannot enter the workplace without a negative rapid test. Instead anyone not tested or with positive results sent home with govt-supported paid sick leave
4) Once seniors and healthcare providers vaccinated, the above group also fast tracked for vaccines over the general population.
5) No or limited focus on mass vaccination sites (aka public indoor gatherings). Instead, public health goes to the people, vaccinating from workplace to workplace.
Hell, I think if we even did this in February when all the doctors were sounding the alarm, we would be in a better place.

We wouldn’t be so desperate for vaccines, if we didn’t let community transmission get so bad.

And speaking of vaccine: allowing people 55-65 to chose their vaccine was such a stupid idea. There so many doses of AstraZeneca available that people under 55, especially essential workers, can’t access.

AstraZeneca is now available to 40+ in Ontario.

Great, but this is so pathetic - they have been sitting on it for weeks - the most critical weeks. Why does *everything* have to feel like a poorly throught out, ad-hoc, mad dash to the lifeboat a full year after the pandemic started?

Oh and it seems that the pharmacies didn't get a heads-up before this announcement. 🙄

AoD

Last edited:
Great, but this is so pathetic - they have been sitting on it for weeks - the most critical weeks. Why does *everything* have to feel like a poorly throught out, ad-hoc, mad dash to the lifeboat a full year after the pandemic started?

Oh and it seems that the pharmacies didn't get a heads-up before this announcement. 🙄

AoD
Also this is very inefficient. It took two weeks from me to hear from my pharmacy after I registered; in the meantime I was able to get a Pfizer vaccine. Those vaccines should be made available more widely.

Booking at pharmacies has been less than stellar. I have seen plenty of reports of people stuck on a wait list who end up walking in and getting a shot the same day.

Booking at pharmacies has been less than stellar. I have seen plenty of reports of people stuck on a wait list who end up walking in and getting a shot the same day.

This booking system is fundamentally biased against people who can't take the time to sit around and wait on while being on hold - while being the most at risk for COVID.

AoD

Again the number of shots given has dropped during the weekend - only 66,897 in Ontario yesterday, with 950,000 doses still available. I just don't understand this trend. One would think many people would prefer the weekend, when they are off work.

Back