News   Mar 28, 2024
 497     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 327     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 339     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I am in a virtual queue at St. Michael's Hospital to register for a vaccine. First I was told the approximate time was 23 minutes. Half an hour later, it's down to 15 minutes. :rolleyes:

I am in a virtual queue at St. Michael's Hospital to register for a vaccine. First I was told the approximate time was 23 minutes. Half an hour later, it's down to 15 minutes. :rolleyes:
I saw the virtual delay of one hour and quickly gave up. It’s one hour to try to find an appointment, not one hour and them you’re given a spot.

This is so asinine! OHIP knows where I live, just send me an alert to show up someplace at some time.

Canada is likely to exceed the U.S. infection rate in the coming days​

The assumption that we would fare better than our neighbours to the south held true through much of the pandemic's first year. Not anymore.

There should be a public health r/v and team at the door of every factory in the GTA to bring the rapid tests and vaccinations to the people. Anyone who tests positive stays home with pay, everyone else gets poked upon entry. How hard is this?

Meanwhile, https://vaccineto.ca says I can get vaccinated because I’m 50 and in M5A. But damn the website isn’t working or when it is, there are no appointments available. How about a system where I can register and the health authorities sends me whatever appointment is available. I’ll go anywhere, 24/7, why aren’t these clinics running around the clock?

Forget OHIP - they should run it like we run elections. Your local school (or wherever your polling station is) would be your vaccination location on so and so a date. The only problem is that the voters list only cover citizens with the right to vote.

AoD

In other words, things are going to get very, very bad in the health care system of the next few weeks. Doctors are being told to ration COVID treatment drugs due to shortages.

I saw the virtual delay of one hour and quickly gave up. It’s one hour to try to find an appointment, not one hour and them you’re given a spot.

This is so asinine! OHIP knows where I live, just send me an alert to show up someplace at some time.
After waiting for an hour and a half, I was presented with the same fully booked dates I had seen the day before, even though their website plainly states that new dates are made available every Thursday.

So, in Today's Star, we learn the province spontaneous offered 5,000 does of vaccine to Peel Public Health to immunize Amazon workers if Peel allowed the facility to stay open.

Its hard to argue against vaccination in a workplace that had become a vector for transmission in a pandemic; but as the Peel Medical Officer of Health noted, the vaccines don't work in 24 hours, and would have done nothing to abate the immediate outbreak.

I'm not sure if I'm more offended by the seeming favoritism involved.......or the idiocy in failing to realize how vaccines and outbreaks work.

After waiting for an hour and a half, I was presented with the same fully booked dates I had seen the day before, even though their website plainly states that new dates are made available every Thursday.
That was my expectation when I closed the browser and returned to my book on the porch.

Forget OHIP - they should run it like we run elections. Your local school (or wherever your polling station is) would be your vaccination location on so and so a date. The only problem is that the voters list only cover citizens with the right to vote.

AoD
Make it a combo. OHIP knows where everyone lives. When I was a lad in the 1970s the Min. of Health visited our elementary school and jabbed all the kids in the gym. I assume it was the MMR shot.

Interestingly my appointment with the bank manager is still on for tomorrow even with the lockdown. How can the bank employees be expected to work during a lockdown?

Make it a combo. OHIP knows where everyone lives. When I was a lad in the 1970s the Min. of Health visited our elementary school and jabbed all the kids in the gym. I assume it was the MMR shot.

When I was in Grade 7 back in 2000 we got the Hep B vaccine in our School Library during school hours from the TDSB.

Now this is a state that takes rules seriously:

“Though the law is the same for all, all are not equal in front of the law,” said Saeverud, justifying the fine. “It is therefore correct to issue a fine in order to uphold the general public’s trust in the rules on social restrictions.”

AoD

Back