News   Apr 24, 2024
 98     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 445     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.9K     7 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Good news, the infamous CEO has now lost his other job..................he is now CEO of nothing, as it should be.

My only hope now is that his severance payments are minimal.

Good news, the infamous CEO has now lost his other job..................he is now CEO of nothing, as it should be.

He is CEO of a miniature hospital made from a worn cardboard box taken from a discount grocery store populated by photograph cutouts given that even Lego Minifigs are insulted by his miniature cardboard hospital.

Family member in hospital since August, myeloma and complications, then gets covid. I got it too, but managed to get thru it. Family member died 13 Dec, I told the hospital that he wanted to be donated to science, he had paid York University when he made arrangements many years ago. So the Christmas season drags along, nothing gets done because no one is working. Then yesterday after being at his apartment to get some stuff donated (charity didn't want the majority of stuff) hospital calls me. The University said no because he died of covid, he's been sitting in the morgue for 3 weeks. Now on top of not getting any paperwork done and having to empty out and clean a place right across town, I now have to make "arrangements". I want to laugh because he did say to me, "I'll never get out of the place". One Torontonians experience of the pandemic.

Tracking vaccinations

See this example:
vaccinations.jpg

I think people are getting too excited about vaccination rates at this point. 0.5 vs 1% is not material yet and will make not difference to rate of infection, deaths, etc. The anger/concern/hostility will be more warranted if US/UK are at 50% vaccination and Canada is at 10% because at that point the impact will be material. We just got out of the starting blocks of this vaccination campaign.

Ontario is reporting a record 4,249 COVID-19 cases Thurs., with 26 deaths. The province says this includes a batch of ~450 cases in Toronto from Jan 5-6 (It'd still be a record.) The 7-day avg is up to a record 3,394 cases daily, or 163 weekly per 100k.

The number is up.......after factoring for accuracy (as noted above) there were ~3,800 new cases and an increase of 1.85% Still wrong direction; though a bit less aggressively than the headline numbers.

Vaccinations up again, 14932 yesterday, as per John Michael McGrath (Twitter)

This is a solid number, and on-target with where we should be today (and should have been 8 days ago, but I digress).

Still need to see those numbers rise every day in a material fashion.

I think it's just as important for the Ontario ex-finance minister to resign from his MPP post as well.

I think it's just as important for the Ontario ex-finance minister to resign from his MPP post as well.
Fat chance of that - it requires a modicum of self-awareness and self-respect. Maybe he'd do it by time-delayed video in front of a burning fireplace like the privileged, spoiled-brat man-child that he is.

What should be done is stripping him of his public MPP pension. I am sure that would be sufficient inducement of his resignation.

AoD

Last edited:
Ford's presser today suggests more restrictions coming next week.

1610123049759.png

Am I the only one noting the term 'average person'.............sounds like a get of jail free card for those holidays at the cottage he enjoyed......that the media have yet to say much about......

1610123127927.png

Ford also teased modelling coming out next week.............. let me save you all the wait......

1610123206656.png

Vaccinations up again, 14932 yesterday, as per John Michael McGrath (Twitter)

This is a solid number, and on-target with where we should be today (and should have been 8 days ago, but I digress).

Still need to see those numbers rise every day in a material fashion.

I wonder what the plan is should there be a disruption in the supply chain. It's nice to say that you vaccinated thousands of people but when you need to ensure they have 2 doses in a certain amount of time, things need to planned out.

I hope it does not come to the point where people cannot get their second dose because we gave too many their first.

Back