News   Apr 24, 2024
 936     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 613     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Ontario must shrink its daily increase in new COVID-19 cases by more than half — to 200 or fewer — before the economy can begin reopening, warns the chief medical officer of health.

The target was revealed Tuesday by Dr. David Williams after Premier Doug Ford promised a framework for loosening restrictions will be released within days, noting sombrely that “people will still be dying” even as measures ease.

With the province now reporting about 500 more Ontarians testing positive every day, people will have to stick with strict stay-at-home and physical distancing measures into May, Williams said.

“We have to see some real ongoing change. Ontarians have done a great job of flattening the curve, of bending the curve, but now we’d like to actually see it coming down,” he told reporters.

“I think we’d have to see ourselves back down at least in that 200 (area) if not lower.”

-----------
Some of the pressure for reopening stems from the situation in British Columbia, which Ford said is “about three weeks ahead of us” in the pandemic.

“They ended up getting the spike much earlier than we did,” said the premier, mindful people in Ontario are seeing news coverage of some B.C. golf courses, which were not ordered closed by health officials, opening to the public for the season.

Kentucky Coronavirus Cases Spike Following Shutdown Protests In State Capital

SARAH MIDKIFF
APRIL 21, 2020 2:27 PM

Following protests throughout the week at its state capitol, Kentucky reported its highest case spike. According to new reported figures, Kentucky added 273 new cases in a single day on Sunday, bringing the state’s total to 2,960.

SARAH MIDKIFF

Following protests throughout the week at its state capitol, Kentucky reported its highest case spike. According to new reported figures, Kentucky added 273 new cases in a single day on Sunday, bringing the state’s total to 2,960.

Redneck idiots. We’re going to have to close the US border for months.

SARAH MIDKIFF

Well, that's MAGA for you.

1587558789210.png

(Time Magazine)

America the Beautiful.

AoD

Well, that's MAGA for you.

View attachment 242017
(Time Magazine)

America the Beautiful.

AoD

I'm personally hoping for civil war in the US. Let society breakdown, let Americans go nutty over how their government treats them during the pandemic.

I'm sick and tired of the American ideology of Science bad/Religion good and Freedom and Liberty over health and wellbeing.

If this pandemic shows us anything it is how many screws are actually loose in the US.

People are more concerned about going to their mega churches and playing golf than they are about getting healthy and staying safe. It's ridiculous.

America used to be a well respected nation but now it's a nation of religious fanatics, people who don't believe in science and those who believe everything they hear in the media.

The beaches in Florida, protests in Kentucky and a President who ignores science in favor of unbridled capitalism really show what sort of nation it is now.

I truly hope that all travel from America (even indirect transfers via third party countries) into Canada is severely restricted this year for the wellbeing of all Canadians.

I'm personally hoping for civil war in the US. Let society breakdown, let Americans go nutty over how their government treats them during the pandemic.

I'm sick and tired of the American ideology of Science bad/Religion good and Freedom and Liberty over health and wellbeing.

If this pandemic shows us anything it is how many screws are actually loose in the US.

People are more concerned about going to their mega churches and playing golf than they are about getting healthy and staying safe. It's ridiculous.

America used to be a well respected nation but now it's a nation of religious fanatics, people who don't believe in science and those who believe everything they hear in the media.

The beaches in Florida, protests in Kentucky and a President who ignores science in favor of unbridled capitalism really show what sort of nation it is now.

I truly hope that all travel from America (even indirect transfers via third party countries) into Canada is severely restricted this year for the wellbeing of all Canadians.

You do NOT hope for your neighbour's house burning down *ever* - even from a purely self-interested standpoint.

AoD

Back