News   Apr 16, 2024
 281     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 714     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 485     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

So, interestingly, this week I began running the stairs in my high-rise, given gym closure. I got in on my floor because I realized I'd never seen the entrance to the stairs before in the lobby / ground floor area. After my workout I went all the way down, and eventually found the exit - which spit me out into a locked courtyard area outside, that isn't a) accessible or b) open from the outside. Found it odd that even if you wanted to take the stairs, you wouldn't be able to. Previously I've lived on the 2nd and 4th floors of buildings and would prefer taking the stairs over waiting for the elevator.

All condos no longer have exits into the lobby. The reasoning is that they do not want people exiting into the lobby during a fire. They would prefer they exit to the outside if something goes wrong. Usually only one staircase per building is accessible with a key for the fire department so it makes sense that the others would be locked from outside for security reasons.

That being said I can see them closing the courtyard during the offseason.

20200328_170938.jpg

This one is on the Belt Line between Dufferin and Marlee

Last edited:
So, interestingly, this week I began running the stairs in my high-rise, given gym closure. I got in on my floor because I realized I'd never seen the entrance to the stairs before in the lobby / ground floor area. After my workout I went all the way down, and eventually found the exit - which spit me out into a locked courtyard area outside, that isn't a) accessible or b) open from the outside. Found it odd that even if you wanted to take the stairs, you wouldn't be able to. Previously I've lived on the 2nd and 4th floors of buildings and would prefer taking the stairs over waiting for the elevator.

I'm certainly a proponent of more accessible and desirable to use stairs throughout buildings.

That said, I've often thought for the more practical floors, as you've identified, anything up to around the 4th/5th floor, there should be at least one 'open' stair case in a central atria that connects with the elevator lobby on each floor. This is quite common in commercial buildings.

For reasons of fire control, it might be mean fire-rated doors separating the elevator lobby from the residential units, or separating the staircase landing from the elevator lobby.

Either way, having an open staircase with natural light that feels like a part of a building and not a back warren would be desirable.

Any other UT gents stopped shaving during the lockdown? It’s been barely a week and I’m already past the scruffy look.

But I’m reading facial hair is bad during Coronavirus, but only if you get sick.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/why-men-should-get-rid-facial-hair-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-449815

If community transmission increases I can see the feds invoking the emergencies act to limit domestic travel. At that point it would be out of the control of the provinces.

Anyone can travel across Canada by automobile, private helicopter, motorcycle or canoe right now and the only way to close ensure people cannot do that is to close the inter-provincial borders and declare a national emergency.

Since this pandemic is spreading, we cannot go out. We are in the middle of having a renovation and to make the time and days worth it, we decided to look for the things we need in the house online since we can't go out. Thankfully we have found this Toto Drake II Review https://bestflushingtoilet.org/toto-toilets/drake-ii-review/, we know now what to get when the time comes we can buy things outside.

Last edited:
Any other UT gents stopped shaving during the lockdown? It’s been barely a week and I’m already past the scruffy look.

But I’m reading facial hair is bad during Coronavirus, but only if you get sick.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/why-men-should-get-rid-facial-hair-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-449815

I stopped shaving years ago.

Back