News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 619     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 898     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

The death toll from the coronavirus that originated in China's Hubei province has risen to 80 and the total number of confirmed cases has risen to 2,744 cases as of Sunday, the province's health commission said in a statement on its website.

China's health minister has indicated the ability of a new strain of coronavirus to spread in his country is getting stronger and the number of infections could continue to rise.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-china-wuhan-buses-1.5440899

Last edited:
Here are two Wuhan coronavirus trackers:

BNO News' realtime tracker (BNO News is a Dutch international news agency)

Realtime interactive global map of Wuhan novel coronavirus (2019-nCOV) spread GIS analysis by John Hopkins University

@AlvinofDiaspar It would be great to add those trackers to the OP.

How Doug Ford's PC government fights novel coronavirus...

Doug Ford cancelled paid sick days and we now require a doctor's note. Even if it might be coronavirus. Be sure to sneeze and cough on the note before handing it in.

See link.

That should help stop the spread of coronavirus... NOT!

Doug Ford cancelled paid sick days and we now require a doctor's note. Even if it might be coronavirus. Be sure to sneeze and cough on the note before handing it in.

See link.

I already told my boss to expect me to come wearing this if someone gets sick..

HAZMAT-Protective-Suit.jpg

I already told my boss to expect me to come wearing this if someone gets sick..

View attachment 227569

The question is - whether you know how to put it on and take it off without infecting yourself after exposure to a contaminated environment ;)

See link.

That's has nothing to do with the current issue.

AoD

Here are two Wuhan coronavirus trackers:

BNO News' realtime tracker (BNO News is a Dutch international news agency)

Realtime interactive global map of Wuhan novel coronavirus (2019-nCOV) spread GIS analysis by John Hopkins University

@AlvinofDiaspar It would be great to add those trackers to the OP.

I won't add BNO, but I will add the JHU tracker.

AoD

I don't see the big deal. How many people get the flu each year and how many of those die? I think the percentage of affected people dying may be less but in terms of spread it's much more of a concern and yet no one trips out about that.

I don't see the big deal. How many people get the flu each year and how many of those die? I think the percentage of affected people dying may be less but in terms of spread it's much more of a concern and yet no one trips out about that.

Flu is a fairly well-understood disease (except for any emergent strains). This isn't - it has no vaccine, no treatment thus far, and it has the potential to be far worse.

AoD

Yeah, I'll rely on the usual experts to keep me informed and should they fail I shall rely on my decently robust immune system and should that fail....well, we all have to die sometime.

Back