News   Jul 05, 2022
 969     3 
News   Jul 05, 2022
 1.3K     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

gabe

Member Bio
Reaction score
From what TPH told me, I will continue to test positive for the next 3 months while my body sheds the viral load.

Get well soon! But watch out, there is another nasty bug/virus going around that's not Covid. My mom was really sick with it last week, she is a lot better this week. My sister caught it a few weeks ago after vacationing in California. She was sick in bed for two weeks. And i found out my friend caught the nasty bug from his office, he's off the rest of the week. It's not Covid but it's like Covid. body aches, fever, diarrhea, severe congestion, loss of taste/smell.

We had not a sniffle in almost 2 years until now because everyone was wearing masks.

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
Get well soon! But watch out, there is another nasty bug/virus going around that's not Covid. My mom was really sick with it last week, she is a lot better this week. My sister caught it a few weeks ago after vacationing in California. She was sick in bed for two weeks. And i found out my friend caught the nasty bug from his office, he's off the rest of the week. It's not Covid but it's like Covid. body aches, fever, diarrhea, severe congestion, loss of taste/smell.

We had not a sniffle in almost 2 years until now because everyone was wearing masks.

Thank you!

This would explain why my family didn't test positive. I know for certain it was covid for me as I tested positive on a rapid test.

Not ideal or desired to take time off but thankfully my work was understanding.

Bayer

Member Bio
Reaction score
People are over it even though new, more immune-evasive (sub-)variants continue to appear, and between 20 and 25% of infected people show chronic symptoms. But whatever! I am just silently judgy when in close proximity to unmasked people indoors.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

zang

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not that we should fear it like smallpox, but it is a distant relative (like cowpox, etc.).

On that note, if it were to become any kind of a major problem, smallpox vaccines are 85% effective against Monkeypox, are already approved, and are still being produced.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
From the Star:

1654718269450.png