News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 537     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I don't get it, it's the landlord's prerogative to set the price he feels comfortable with. If it's too high, it won't get rented. What's the problem here?

While he can, and I'm sure he will answer for himself...........

I would say, his issue, based on his previous posts............self-interest aside.......

Is that his building has a 6.9% vacancy rate which is well outside the normal Toronto range, and would not seem to be in the economic interest of the landlord.

I think he is rather straight-forwardly suggesting that his offer on a unit isn't only the best, its the only damned offer going in the space of three months; and that
the landlord would clearly be better served accepting some money ( a good, profitable price) rather than no money.

I presume, the landlord is betting that that Covid-related suppression of the market will end imminently, and therefore holding out for a better price is in their best interest.

But I must confess, i think there's a compelling case that that is unlikely.

Travel restrictions remain, short-term rental if not killed permanently is likely offline through the balance of 2020, immigration is also reduced for the balance of the year; all the while ownership prices are falling.

Does leave one wondering about his landlord's rationale.

ooh I might have to see a chiropractor. Screwed my back up royally today. On the brightside one business I won't likely have to return to is my barber. Been cutting my own hair so good. And now I know how to do it I can cut it whenever I want. Back and sides have become regular routine like shaving.

Links to the Youtube videos you watched! LOL

I can deal w/the hair for the most part, I was going bald, its ever so slightly reveresed itself...............

But the hair on the back of my upper neck is curling bigger than the hair on the back of my head, and driving me right nuts!

Ok, here's the actual letter/report from the Military on their observations at the 5 Long Term Care homes to which they were deployed.

Warning, sit down, do not be next to anything fragile while reading.

While he can, and I'm sure he will answer for himself...........

I would say, his issue, based on his previous posts............self-interest aside.......

Is that his building has a 6.9% vacancy rate which is well outside the normal Toronto range, and would not seem to be in the economic interest of the landlord.

I think he is rather straight-forwardly suggesting that his offer on a unit isn't only the best, its the only damned offer going in the space of three months; and that
the landlord would clearly be better served accepting some money ( a good, profitable price) rather than no money.

I presume, the landlord is betting that that Covid-related suppression of the market will end imminently, and therefore holding out for a better price is in their best interest.

But I must confess, i think there's a compelling case that that is unlikely.

Travel restrictions remain, short-term rental if not killed permanently is likely offline through the balance of 2020, immigration is also reduced for the balance of the year; all the while ownership prices are falling.

Does leave one wondering about his landlord's rationale.

If someone wants their price, they want their price.

ooh I might have to see a chiropractor. Screwed my back up royally today. On the brightside one business I won't likely have to return to is my barber. Been cutting my own hair so good. And now I know how to do it I can cut it whenever I want. Back and sides have become regular routine like shaving.

Hmmm. Mine chiro has been open for a while. Good thing too! I never thought I'd say this but I'm really looking forward to going to my dentist. Haircut, ya - gettin' a little grim.

Respecting one's elder is a major tenet of Confucianism, yet there are many Chinese LTC facilities in the Greater Toronto Area.

Apparently, many Chinese people when they come here abandon Confucian values for the North American tradition of having their grandparents being sent to LTC facilities.

It's a huge and very controversial topic in the Indian community too.

Was an example of a senior kicked out of the home by the kids and living as a homeless man beside a strip mall and it caused a huge debate in the community.

The major point being cost are going up wages are not great, people having a hard time balancing tons of work and kids and then dealing with elders. So to alleviate stress, elders are being pushed to live on their own or go into LTC homes. In the old days or back in the "home country,' the wife would stay at home and you have a bunch of other brothers and sisters to rely on.

The issue with elder care is you have two types...
- They function normally just slowly and take care of themselves and they just one day or very suddenly die.
- They start to stop functioning and need full-time care and that puts a massive burden on the family.

Hmmm. Mine chiro has been open for a while. Good thing too! I never thought I'd say this but I'm really looking forward to going to my dentist. Haircut, ya - gettin' a little grim.
Chiros have been offering services under a strict set of guidelines. This opens it up to more people. I am also looking forward to a dental appointment, and if it were allowed, I’d hug my physiotherapist!

France bans hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19

MAY 27, 2020

PARIS (Reuters) - The French government on Wednesday cancelled a decree allowing hospital doctors to administer hydroxychloroquine as a treatment to patients suffering severe forms of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus.

The announcement comes two days after the World Health Organization said it was pausing a large trial of the malaria drug due to safety concerns.

British medical journal The Lancet has reported that patients getting hydroxychloroquine had increased death rates and irregular heartbeats, adding to a series of other disappointing results for the drug as a way to treat COVID-19.

U.S. President Donald Trump and others have pushed hydroxychloroquine in recent months as a possible coronavirus treatment.

I have to stop and smell the roses of this pandemic. For starters, I'm working from home, at pretty much my own schedule when before it was a set 8-4pm office hours. And here I sit on a bench, coffee in hand, with my dog on my lap in an empty 9am Riverdale Park, listening to the birds, smelling the flowers and reading the NYT. Thanks Covid for helping me find a peaceful, slower pace, if only temporarily.

IMG_20200527_0900070.jpg

IMG_20200527_0859423.jpg

IMG_20200527_0859324.jpg

There are so many families in my area who are now out biking and walking with their kids. I hope they continue to do that in the years to come.

COVID-19 in Ontario is now primarily a Toronto-area problem, figures show

More than 76% of province's new infections are in the GTA, CBC News analysis finds

May 27, 2020

Toronto and its surrounding regions account for a disproportionately high number of Ontario's new cases of COVID-19, according to a CBC News analysis of provincial data on novel coronavirus infections.

More than three-quarters of the active cases of COVID-19 currently listed in the province's database are found in the five public health units of Toronto, Peel, York, Durham and Halton regions, an area that accounts for less than half of the province's population.

This is a clear shift from the first month of the pandemic, when cases were more evenly distributed around the province, and that shift is prompting some experts to recommend that the province relax the lockdown in some regions, while clamping down in areas where cases are rising.

COVID-19 in Ontario is now primarily a Toronto-area problem, figures show

More than 76% of province's new infections are in the GTA, CBC News analysis finds

May 27, 2020

Toronto and its surrounding regions account for a disproportionately high number of Ontario's new cases of COVID-19, according to a CBC News analysis of provincial data on novel coronavirus infections.

More than three-quarters of the active cases of COVID-19 currently listed in the province's database are found in the five public health units of Toronto, Peel, York, Durham and Halton regions, an area that accounts for less than half of the province's population.

This is a clear shift from the first month of the pandemic, when cases were more evenly distributed around the province, and that shift is prompting some experts to recommend that the province relax the lockdown in some regions, while clamping down in areas where cases are rising.

Unless you post the RCMP, OPP or TPS at every exit and entry from Toronto to quarantine the city there is no guarantee that people in Toronto won't spread the virus elsewhere.

There may be few infections outside Toronto but if people are able to camp or perform activities outside Toronto they will.

As Doug Ford said a couple days ago. If you start relaxing restrictions only outside Toronto, Torontonians will drive out of town to get haircuts, shop, etc.

7:31 a.m.: Ontario has extended its COVID-19 emergency orders until June 9. That includes the closure of outdoor playgrounds, play structures, public swimming pools, as well as bars and restaurants except for takeout and delivery. Gatherings are limited to five.

Unless you post the RCMP, OPP or TPS at every exit and entry from Toronto to quarantine the city there is no guarantee that people in Toronto won't spread the virus elsewhere.
Not GTA, but if you're living in northern Ontario, there's usually only one or two roads in and out. Have the OPP and RCMP put up the three below road blocks to all but non-essential southerners and I'd say few will get into the north. The MS Chi-Cheemaun is already not running, so keep it so and that'll stop leakers from Tobermory getting to the Soo.

Capture.JPG

And besides, who's driving from Toronto to North Bay for a hair cut?

Last edited:

Back