No. 31 Condos (Lanterra) - Real Estate -

jmichou

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me about this development. I am interested in getting a small condo for my son however it's on the 4th floor South facing. I couldn't get any condo North facing as they were all sold out and didn't want a condo right beside the elevator shaft due to noise.
So I am hoping someone can help me on these few questions that I've been asking myself:

1) Is it better to get a unit beside the elevator or a unit South facing the highway and rail tracks?
2) Do you think the fourth floor will be above the Gardiner? I would hate to purchase a unit and found out that the line of sight on the balcony is facing the Gardiner level.
3) I am a little bit concerned about the traffic noise and rail track noise and wonder how noisy will it be? I lived in condos beside HWY 401 and the noise was bearable as I was on the 17th floor but this one is on the 4th floor.

I really appreciate your help on this.
Thank you.

The train will be noisy. I looked at a unit in one of the Clear Spirit buildings and the rain was loud. Unless you're getting a very good price that takes into account the proximity to the highway and tracks, then I wouldn't bother.

Thank you for your reply. I don't mind track noise if its's not too loud.
I noticed on one document, it says noise level to be 77db for rail tracks. Not sure how loud it is.

When I lived in Hamilton my house was about 1/2 a block from a rail line that serviced via, amtrack, go, and freight trains so it was pretty consistently busy. You could hear the trains, but it was never overwhelming. Within a few months you get used to it and barely notice them aside from the odd horn.

Hi everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me about this development. I am interested in getting a small condo for my son however it's on the 4th floor South facing. I couldn't get any condo North facing as they were all sold out and didn't want a condo right beside the elevator shaft due to noise.
So I am hoping someone can help me on these few questions that I've been asking myself:

1) Is it better to get a unit beside the elevator or a unit South facing the highway and rail tracks?
2) Do you think the fourth floor will be above the Gardiner? I would hate to purchase a unit and found out that the line of sight on the balcony is facing the Gardiner level.
3) I am a little bit concerned about the traffic noise and rail track noise and wonder how noisy will it be? I lived in condos beside HWY 401 and the noise was bearable as I was on the 17th floor but this one is on the 4th floor.

Thank you.

In my opinion, south facing would be better as you would get a direct lake view and would also face the future Google Land Development. True, on the north side you see the Distillery section, but in my opinion, lake view and Google Land would be much nicer. However, I took a look at 3d google maps and it looks to me like you would above the train tracks but below the Gardiner on the fourth floor. I could not imagine not waking up to diesel engines as a GO train passes directly in front of your window. Also, a view underneath the Gardiner would probably be sort of depressing in my opinion. I would pay the premium and get a higher north view where you can see the lake and Google Land. Also, I don’t think you would hear the elevator if you are beside it unless the bearings on the elevator are defective. Hope, this helps make up your mind.

My preference would be a north facing unit next to the elevator shaft. The noise will probably be lesser than that from the trains and the Gardiner. Modern elevators are pretty quiet, and are surrounded by concrete walls on all sides of the elevator shaft so the noise is rather dampened. I would not want to live next to the train tracks not necessarily for the noise (I live pretty close to a mainly freight line here in Hamilton and I've not been bothered by the noise) but rather because of the exhaust of both the diesel trains and the vehicles on the Gardiner.

Plus, if you're only on the fourth storey you're either not going to have a lake view from day one or it will be gone by the time the lots to the south of this project fill in, and that will be sooner rather than later. I really would pass.

Hi everyone,

Thank you.
First of all for me the biggest concern is Lanterra. I would recommend doing some research on what existing owners are saying.
Even in this forum.

My pick would be the South facing unit. South facing usually carries a higher premium in Toronto.

1. Sunshine all day including winters, very important for buyers, lowers your heating bills during the winter and sunshine has proven to better your mood
You won't get sunshine in the unit in a North facing unit
2. Lake view to the South
3. I would get curtains or drapes that are heavy to alleviate the train, which I don't think is that loud anyways but I may recommend going higher

At the end of the day, you would need to chose what's more important for you and for your re sale value when you sell it

Dear Purchasers,

We are very pleased to inform you that Formal Zoning Approval has been obtained with respect to our 31 Parliament project.

Formal Zoning Approval means the zoning bylaw required in order to construct the Condominium as well as the Units has been given final approval by all relevant governmental authorities.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Head Office Customer Care

Lanterra Developments Ltd.

2811 Dufferin Street, Toronto ON M6B 3R9

Tel: (416) 635-7424 / Fax: (416) 635-7952

info@lanterracustomercare.com / www.lanterradevelopments
I received it as well.
Haha, I remembered you said you expected to be returned the paid deposit in 2024 just a month ago?
And then they got the approval.

Back