6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

20.jpg

2.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

The new LRT line was in testing. Whoooops.

19.jpg

Grass may add a dose of sophistication to the ROW and absorb sound from the trains, but requires a lot of maintenance, and judging from the last photo, it can look ugly with water pooling. Those are some nice photos (no pun intended).

NICE(France) pics-Nice!

Roch5220: Good Nice,France pics! a little taste of the French Riviera! You should put the word FRANCE in parentheses in your title for the pics. LI MIKE

You began your shoot with La Promenade des Anglais aka La Prom, and down the line you capture Hôtel Negresco at night. That is what every tourist has to see when in Nice. And if you come from England, you know it well. I could not imagine paying for a night in this hotel, however, it is outrageous.

Speaking of that hotel again, you cannot help but notice the glass ceiling in the main lobby, which I was told was designed by Eiffel himself. Then there is that art, that is all around breathtaking, with some coming from Russia.

But one need not hang around the hotel all day, just go next door and there should be by now a restored former palace that houses an extraordinary art gallery (unfortunately, it was closed when I was there last).

My best photos are of Nice from up on a hill, whose name I cannot remember.

Thanks again for a marvelous peek.

^which is missleading because Nice can be a zoo, especially along the prom' where you will be stuck in traffic for hours, and along the main boulevards or the tiny narrow side streets. Best to walk!

By the way, the hill above Nice is Cimiez which is absolutely gorgeous, and crowned by Greek/Roman ruins.

Roch, at first I thought you got ahold of my photo album! Looks like we did the same trip this year.... I was in Nice, Monaco and Cannes in July. You captured it all wonderfully. Thanks for the great pics.

Ha, thats funny. I'm sure though most people who visit the area visit all 3. I wish though I had more time so I could go to Marseille. I stayed 2 nights in Monaco, 2 nights in Nice (and one day trip to Cannes, while staying in Nice). Cannes was definately my favorate. Nice was definately my least favorate.

Back