News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.5K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 522     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

5507 River Rd, Niagara Falls (2486489 Ontario Ltd, 34+7s, ?)

Updated application (now 34 & 7 storeys) for the site Rejected by City Council last night.

https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/n...-river-road-condo-tower-proposal-turned-down/

https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/n...-too-massive-for-river-road-area-falls-staff/

B88934946Z.1_20191108134323_000_GL1PKTUG.3-0_Super_Portrait.jpg
B88934946Z.1_20191108134323_000_GL1PKTUJ.3-0_Super_Portrait.jpg

Been a few years so here's the site along River Rd between Philip & John:
Screenshot (40).png

Looks like a Times Group project to me. Weston Consulting is the planner on it too (based in Woodbridge), so makes it more possible.. It's odd not to have a local planner on the file.

This one's got to go through hurdles but there is another 30 Storey with a twelve and seven Storey structure worth 150 million on Stanley and Ferry Street. That passed on Council and they should be starting demolition right now to develop this project. I believe the developers are from Toronto.

Attachments

• LWZrWay.jpg
    LWZrWay.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 194
This should be good for Niagara Falls though I wish they would build up the downtown area more. I was there in July walking from Queen St and Ontario to the Niagara Falls VIA station at around 5 pm. The area was abandoned.

I think it's called Panorama Condos. It's on the fringe of the city and has been selling for years but, I've heard it has broken ground.

Looks like this was denied at the OLT.

It was. Decision issue date was March 9th, 2022.

The pertinent bit from the decision:

1647351734978.png

The above describes the bulk of the reasoning in the decision; though mention was also given to geological concerns (the proposal involved blasting for the foundation and the site is in close proximity to the Niagara Gorge); likewise there
were some ecological concerns raised.

Finally, it came up that the site was 1.9km from the nearest major transit station.

It was. Decision issue date was March 9th, 2022.

The pertinent bit from the decision:

View attachment 385448
The above describes the bulk of the reasoning in the decision; though mention was also given to geological concerns (the proposal involved blasting for the foundation and the site is in close proximity to the Niagara Gorge); likewise there
were some ecological concerns raised.

Finally, it came up that the site was 1.9km from the nearest major transit station.
All of this is fair. NF council has shown little hesitation approving substantial high rise developments, especially in the core, including 200m+ towers, most if not all of which have not come to fruition at this point. There's plenty of land available in NF where something of this scale would be more appropriate.

They can still have increased density on this site, just not the 30+ stories they were aiming for.

Back