News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 348     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 752     1 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Great find pw20!

Coruscanti Cognoscente - Zara is going to be located in the UpperMall - Centre Walk by combining the space currently occupied by Carl Baker Visage, Talbots and RW & Co.

Louroz

Last edited:
Great find pw20!

Coruscanti Cognoscente - Zara is going to be located in the UpperMall - Centre Walk by combining the space currently occupied by Carl Baker Visage, Talbots and RW & Co.

Louroz

Are they taking the Ricki's space too? I know Ricki's is moving to where Jacob Lingerie was. Talbots, RW & Co and Caryl Baker Visage together give only 9616 sq ft which would be smaller than any other Zara I looked at (I looked at Square One and I think Fairview).

Also, are RW & Co. and Talbots going to relocate or just close permanently?

EDIT:

Zara Yorkdale 21,220 sq ft
Zara Fairview 11,815 sq ft
Zara Eaton Centre 13,308 sq ft
Zara Mapleview 15,126 sq ft

When I look at those numbers, coupled with Ricki's (3271 sq ft) moving, I gotta think Zara is taking that space too to make it 12,887 sq ft and then it'd be more comparable to other area stores.

EDIT 2: I've found Caryl Baker Visage's new space, where The Loft was (between Teaopia and Big It Up).
EDIT 3: I checked Talbots website and their store locator no longer seems to list Square One, so it seems they're gone for good is my guess.
Also checked RW & Co.'s website, their store locator also no longer lists Square One.

Last edited:
Played around a bit with the Square One leasing map. (Source: http://www.oxfordproperties.com/leasing/LoImages/rfp/29810_RFP.pdf)

This is what things look like now with the vacated former homes of Ricki's (moving to where Jacob Lingerie was), Caryl Baker Visage (moving to where The Loft was), RW & Co. (relocating possibly later this year within the mall) and Talbots (no word if they're relocating or gone for good):

5416608945_80585b3c6a_b.jpg

This is what it would look like if Zara took only Caryl Baker, RW and Talbots (as per Louroz's post):

5417220220_d5d166fa79_b.jpg

Now my research has shown that Zara's are usually a bit bigger than the space provided for by those three alone, and the fact that Ricki's has relocated/is relocating as well would suggest to me that Zara is taking Ricki's space as well. I don't know how easy it is to move a hallway, but this is what my best guess for the final configuration of Zara would be:

5417220294_0c182e3cca_b.jpg

EDIT: Friend who works at Square One says Ricki's has closed down and hoarding gone up with signs saying Zara. He said he'll try to get a picture for me tomorrow. This would prove my theory that Zara is taking over all four spots, so we shall see. ;)

Last edited:
Disney Store will wow guests

A fixture at Square One, the Disney Store closed at the beginning of the year to undergo a $1 million renovation that is aimed at making the new store, "the best 30 minutes of a child's day," said Paul Gainer, senior vice-president Disney Store North America.

j. crew is going into the former jacob spot in yorkdale mall, found the info on a globe and mail article I think it was.

Also, the eaton centre new retailers section under the revitalization tab has been updated to include stylexchange and forever 21.

Last edited:
"Vera Moda" is on the lower level between Gap and Guess (did Gap shrink?).

I'm not sure how accurate that drawing is, as it shows Guess coming up around the corner and then Vera Moda next to it.. Currently, Gap has that corner as they used to have window displays there all the time.

No one I spoke with said the store was getting smaller, only that they are renovating each side of the store (Gap, and then Baby Gap). The main section is supposed to open up in March so I suppose we'll find out soon!

Eglinton Square is supposed to be getting a Batteries & Gadgets. Also note that Dollarama is now open across from Shopper's Drug Mart. Art of Shoe Repair is now across from Nails for You.

I'm not sure how accurate that drawing is, as it shows Guess coming up around the corner and then Vera Moda next to it.. Currently, Gap has that corner as they used to have window displays there all the time.

No one I spoke with said the store was getting smaller, only that they are renovating each side of the store (Gap, and then Baby Gap). The main section is supposed to open up in March so I suppose we'll find out soon!

LOL I do not doubt the accuracy of the map. It's virtually identical to the one CadFair had.

Makes sense for Guess to get some extra space. That store isn't/wasn't very big.

I just noticed today, that the GAP at EMTC seems to be covered up oddly. I guess this matches up with the drawing on the 20vic website, but it still doesn't explain where that new store goes. :confused:

Attachments

• gap-emtc.jpg
    gap-emtc.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 275
I just noticed today, that the GAP at EMTC seems to be covered up oddly. I guess this matches up with the drawing on the 20vic website, but it still doesn't explain where that new store goes. :confused:

This is how I interpret the leasing plan with that photo:

5492400425_2c5ff60824_b.jpg

I guess so.. Seems like a small space for the new guy, but I suppose that's what it will be.

I agree it looks small. We shall see once it opens up. Since you've been at EMTC recently, do they have the H&R Block section set up in the middle of the mall yet like they do every tax season?

Back