News   Mar 28, 2024
 158     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 598     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 366     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

I think Oxford must be a little better than Cadillac Fairview for getting high-end retailers. Oxford manages Yorkdale, Square One, as well as Dufferin Mall. Cadillac Fairview manages Eaton Centre, Sherway Gardens, Markville, Promenade, Fairview, Erin Mills. Anyone care to guess why shitty malls like Markville, Promenade and Erin Mills have H&Ms? ;)

Don't luxury retailers (like Burberry and Tiffany) tend to all want to be at the same location (Bloor/Yorkville)? You usually don't see luxury brands apart when it comes to location.

New @ Sherway Gardens

LATEST:
-Bench to open in Fall 2009
-Jewelery store to open in August 2009

Already mentioned:
-Michael Kors - Fall 2009

Not sure if this was mentioned or not...
Coming to Square One is...

Pink by Victoria's Secret
Bath & Body Works
Jean Machine's new concept store, as well as Le Chateau's new concept store.

Square One getting Bath & Body Works will be the death knell for Erin Mills. Now there'll be no reason for anyone to go to EMTC. Not that anyone does anyway LOL.

There was one there before.

Know a few ppl that will be happy to see it back.

BCBG MAX AZRIA and ESPRIT are opening at Markville Mall.
Do BCBG stores do that well? They've oversaturated the Toronto market.

BCBG MAX AZRIA and ESPRIT are opening at Markville Mall.
Do BCBG stores do that well? They've oversaturated the Toronto market.

I have no idea, but I feel the same way. There's one at Heartland and one at Square One. I don't know if Mississauga really needs two of them, but the Heartland one is an outlet I think.

Square One is getting Thai Express and Fossil. I could have sworn Square One had a Fossil before. (In addition to the already mentioned Apple, Bath & Body Works, Bench and Pink by Victoria's Secret.)

Last edited:
Yes Square One did have a Fossil, and I was sad when it disappeared. It's coming back? Where did you find this info?

I guess the Thai Express is going in where Tim Horton's used to be...any idea where Bath & Body Works is going (the old Le Chateau?). Square One seems to be weathering the downturn well...a bunch of stores have closed, but they have all been replaced right away.

I guess the Thai Express is going in where Tim Horton's used to be...any idea where Bath & Body Works is going (the old Le Chateau?). Square One seems to be weathering the downturn well...a bunch of stores have closed, but they have all been replaced right away.
Which Tim Horton's closed? The newer one by Sears, or the food court?

Yes Square One did have a Fossil, and I was sad when it disappeared. It's coming back? Where did you find this info?

LOL no secret source. Just Square One's official site: shopsquareone.com

It's about time Square One got a Thai Express!

As for the mall itself, the lower level is as crummy as ever, but they're really improving what's upstairs. I don't think any other mall in Ontario has the variety of stores that Square One does, but I guess that's simply due to its size (360+ stores).

Thai Express is in the food court, according to the map on Square One's website (http://shopsquareone.com/img/09/summer/home/0907july_pintablemallguide.pdf). Pink by Victoria's Secret is near Sears on the upper level, Bath & Body Works is near Wal-Mart on the upper level, Fossil is in Cityside (near Swarovski I guess). Apple and Bench are already on the guide as well.

Last edited:

The food court one. I'm curious about the reason. It was always the busiest outlet in the food court so I doubt it was lack of sales. Surely it wasn't shut down simply to force everyone to the already-busy Sears location or because the line up was a bit of an impediment?

The food court one. I'm curious about the reason. It was always the busiest outlet in the food court so I doubt it was lack of sales. Surely it wasn't shut down simply to force everyone to the already-busy Sears location or because the line up was a bit of an impediment?

I suspect it was because of the lineups. It really impeded the flow of the food court. Particularly on the weekends. I'm thinking their lease of that location ran out, and since they have another location anyway, they were not renewed.

I suspect it was because of the lineups. It really impeded the flow of the food court. Particularly on the weekends. I'm thinking their lease of that location ran out, and since they have another location anyway, they were not renewed.

TBH, wherever Tim Hortons is, people will find it. It's in an obscure part of EMTC and people have no problem finding it there. And EMTC is a nightmare to navigate.

Furthermore, TH really didn't need two locations, did they? Can they expand their still-open location so that it's not crazy?

Back