News   Oct 02, 2024
 70     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 296     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 406     0 

New Tokyo Metro Shibuya Station by Tadao Ando (panorama)

Those are tracks which they plan to use in the future. For now, though, it looks like they're bridging the two platforms.

It's a pretty nice station. Open and airy. I don't think it's as fantastic as some of the hype would lead you to believe.

They had a lot of issues the first week that line was open - commuter trains accidentally getting onto express tracks and causing delays - that sort of thing.

I was wondering if those tracks were for future use or just 'art'. The company that built and runs this line has said that they aren't going to be doing any new subway construction going forward which also confused matters. Still, leaving room for future expandability is always smart.

If the TTC created a station like this I don't think it would be getting the same positive response.

I don't know if this is a view that you can get from many other subway platforms:

2703459427_40909a07ac.jpg

A brand new subway car:

2704282870_ccdae6e087.jpg

Foster's Canary Wharf station also have extensive areas of exposed concrete.

When done well, concrete interiors can be a very soothing. Tend not to be fan of it when used outdoors though.

AoD

That's odd about the situation at Dupont. Perhaps the TTC can't use its best equipment out of fear that the tiles will be damaged, or it's just an unforseen quality of the tiles. It's the Bloor Danforth tiles where it comes off with out a trace, at least from the instances I've seen.

Materials have to be more carefully chosen these days.

Back