223     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 976     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 300     0 

New door signage on T1

D

drum118

Was on a TI train heading home Tuesday night and I noticed something odd about it. I then started to look for other T1’s and they did not have this odd thing.

Car 5001 has new door signage with one side of the door saying don’t crash the doors well the other doors saying courteous. I did not have a pen on me to write the correct info down. The signs are about 4†high near the top of the glass window.

Getting off at Islington, I looked at the other cars on the train and they did not have them. Another T1’s heading east was pulling in and it had no new signage.

Sorry to say, this will not stop riders doing this.

Yes, I've noticed that the stickers are showing up on the SRT trains as well.

Sorry to say, this will not stop riders doing this.

Quite true. There's nothing right now that can stop passengers from blocking subway doors from closing. I've even seen passengers holding subway doors open for complete strangers... that's so "Canadian"!

Perhaps the TTC can consider a fine for people who charge or block closing train doors, like Montreal and Hong Kong.

I've held the doors open plenty of times. Sometimes they give you no choice about it, closing the doors before everyone is even out of the train.

A fine would be enough to discourage most people, but how would they even enforce it? Seems to me like if it's a busy time it would be very difficult for the operators to see who it was.

Was on a TI train heading home Tuesday night and I noticed something odd about it. I then started to look for other T1’s and they did not have this odd thing.

Car 5001 has new door signage with one side of the door saying don’t crash the doors well the other doors saying courteous. I did not have a pen on me to write the correct info down. The signs are about 4†high near the top of the glass window.

Getting off at Islington, I looked at the other cars on the train and they did not have them. Another T1’s heading east was pulling in and it had no new signage.

I was waiting for my wife on Tuesday evening on the Runnymede platform and I think I saw your train ;)

The door charging is a serious problem, though. I've noticed that at high ridership stations like St. George and Bloor-Yonge, they often have announcers saying "the doors are closing. please don't charge the doors. the doors are closing." Being basically shouted down by an announcer seems to make some of them think twice.

In the touristy areas of New York, there seems to be an epidemic of holding the doors open for people who are going to miss the train. The visitor from Peoria doesn't realize that holding the door open for the person running down the stairs inconveniences a thousand people already on the train, and that there'll be another train along in two minutes anyway.

Back