News   Oct 02, 2024
 311     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 391     0 

New Condo Occupancy - Speed ?

Seesus

Member Bio
Reaction score
How does the occupancy for a new Condo development work in terms of speed. Lets say there are 10 condos on one level and i am on the 21st level. Assuming that the very first owner starts to move in today, approx how many months will it be prior to me being able to move in my condo on 21st level ?

On the flip side, If the builder has it on the sale agreement that tentative occupancy is around July.2010, What is the trend, is it usually earlier than that or does it usually get stretched out to be delayed even further ? when do i get notified by the builder?

Condos are almost never early and are regularly late, sometimes up to two years or more. Most of the condo's purchased in 2007 were supposed to be ready by 2009, but won't be completed until after July 2010. In your case, I could try to give you an approximate date, but would need more detail about your condo. What floor are they currently on? How many stories? etc.. To give you a vague idea, over the past year, several 25ish story buildings have been built and occupancy for the top floors has been approximate 12 months AFTER they poured the concrete for that floor. The builder usually has a clause that they can extend that tentative occupancy by two years without penalty.

As for moving in, if you're on the 21st, again it's hard to predict, but I'd say anywhere from 5-7 months after the first people move.

Back