News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 569     0 

My afternoon commute in video...

wyliepoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Testing out the video capability of my new camera, and editing in Windows Movie Maker. Check out the part of my commute between Spadina station to Midland station in about 20 minutes. I basically cut out the boring parts (ie. the tunnels), leaving behind the station announcements, the stations and the outdoor views.

Spadina to Woodbine

Woodbine to Warden

Kennedy to Midland

Alternate route...

131E Nugget Express bus (Kennedy to Scarborough Centre)

The automated announcement for this route has been fixed (from the last time I Youtubed the route, when it called out all the non-express stops).

Nice to be reminded, through this edited video, of how a journey through our subway system looks. Though the station designs are utilitarian, it is difficult to see how a band of frightfully nice rich benefactors scattering Chewbacca statues at selected stations will do anything to improve how it actually works.

are the voices between the subway and buses different? to me the bus voice sounds better than the subway voice.

are the voices between the subway and buses different? to me the bus voice sounds better than the subway voice.

All the subway announcements are done by one lady. As I understand it, the bus announcements are done by that lady and one other.

Some of the streetcar announcements are done by a man, but he knows his place and keeps quiet most of the time.

Back