862     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 315     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Multiple Victims of Shooting in Scarborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I never heard the Eaton Centre shooting referred to as the Yonge/Dundas shooting or the Little Italy shooting referred to as the College/Montrose shooting.

I heard about this latest shooting around 6:30 this morning on the radio and the first mention of the location was 'Morningside and Lawrence', followed by the street itself. Not sure if 'Scarborough' even came up.

I heard about this latest shooting around 6:30 this morning on the radio and the first mention of the location was 'Morningside and Lawrence', followed by the street itself. Not sure if 'Scarborough' even came up.

Same here. I've heard Danzig Street more often than Scarborough.

Yes, I think most if not all Torontonians pride ourselves on how safe it is here, where we can walk around town and not fear being mugged or assaulted at gun point. Unfortunately, I fear we are a couple of shooting incidents away (for example in the Yonge-Eglington area or North York etc) from officially becoming a "major US city".

There will be finger pointing and blame-laying, and for all of that it appears to me that politicians of all stripes have trouble uniting to prevent/cure the increasing gun violence. I am worried and quite upset with this, and I am also shocked. I do not accept that this is a "normal" state of affairs in our large cities.

Wow.. that's 2 major shootings in the short time I've been here. That's scary, I hope everybody else who was hit is all right.

Sorry, I didn't read the full article, did they arrest the shooter(s)?

The Star, the Sun and CP24 have "Scarborough" plastered on their sites just as the title of this thread.

I'm sure the police are completely looking forward to Caribana this year.

They might have these guys keeping an eye on Caribana. Problem is having more police isn't going to stop these thugs from shooting. They clearly don't care when or where they open fire.

jhbfrt.jpg

The Star, the Sun and CP24 have "Scarborough" plastered on their sites just as the title of this thread.

because it is in scarborough.

Love the media using "Scarborough" every chance they get, this happens anywhere else in the city it would have been referred to as the intersection, but of course when it happens here its the entire borough....love the media in this city.

then you should be correcting RF et al (yourself included) when they talk about their Sheppard subway plans servicing scarborough, because in reality it only runs along Sheppard E up to Kennedy then couple more stops southbound before arriving at STC. It would NOT provide service east of McCowan Road.

HIS '"PLAN" EXCLUDES EVERYTHING FROM MCCOWAN TO MORNINGSIDE !
that's alot of Scarborough or Sheppard East overlooked

Last edited:
There is an irony with the name "Danzig". "Danzig" was (from this link) from

The Free City of Danzig (German: Freie Stadt Danzig; Polish: Wolne Miasto Gdańsk) was a semi-autonomous city-state that existed between 1920 and 1939, consisting of the Baltic Sea port of Danzig (today Gdańsk) and surrounding areas.

Last edited:
cd108, this isnt this the RF thread or the Scarborough subway thread. I'm talking about about a media bias when it comes to crime reporting in Scarborough and using this shooting as a prime example.

Well, you yourself just said Scarborough. What are they supposed to say (or not to say), downtown? East York? Etobicoke? Let me tell you how to deal with the media bias - stop having shootings within the borders of Scarborough.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back