2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 658     0 

Muji Annouces Canadian Flagship - Atrium on Bay

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Wait, what the hell? I thought there was already a Muji there?

Was it Uniqlo?

Honestly, I thought Muji opened at the Atrium like two years ago. What am I confusing this with? Please help, this is a mindbend.

Wait, what the hell? I thought there was already a Muji there?

Was it Uniqlo?

Honestly, I thought Muji opened at the Atrium like two years ago. What am I confusing this with? Please help, this is a mindbend.

It was Muji but it wasn't a big flagship store and it was somewhere else in the mall. Uniqlo is in Eaton Centre.

It was Muji but it wasn't a big flagship store and it was somewhere else in the mall. Uniqlo is in Eaton Centre.

Thank you, thank you, mille grazie. Dude, I thought I had imagined the whole thing. The shopfront, the ads, the people with bags from there. What a trip hahaha...geeze.

Cool, I avoid that whole area like the plague, but I reckon I'll check this out when it's ready.

Any information on when this will open, or is it still simply Fall 2018?

Interior construction has started to ramp up. All the entrances and exterior windows have now been covered in hoarding or sign wraps that mostly obscure what's happening inside.
I'd say they are aiming to be open towards the end of Fall. This would coincide with the 4th anniversary of when they first opened in Canada at 20 Dundas - November 2014.

Interior construction has started to ramp up. All the entrances and exterior windows have now been covered in hoarding or sign wraps that mostly obscure what's happening inside.
I'd say they are aiming to be open towards the end of Fall. This would coincide with the 4th anniversary of when they first opened in Canada at 20 Dundas - November 2014.

I guess that would have them open just in time for the Christmas shopping season.

Temp store closing October 29.

Toronto, October 18th, 2018 – Japanese retailer MUJI announces the temporary closing of its downtown Toronto store which will soon re-open as its first flagship store in Eastern Canada.

MUJI Atrium, which opened at Yonge and Dundas in downtown Toronto, was the first MUJI location in Canada in 2014. The store was moved to a temporary location in January 2018 to start renovations for the expansion. As of October 29th, 2018, the temporary location will be closed in order to complete the construction of the new flagship store.

While the first MUJI Atrium occupied 5,658 square feet of retail space, the flagship store will reach 19,110 square feet, becoming the largest MUJI store outside of Asia. The opening is planned for late fall 2018.

The new MUJI Atrium will offer a unique, interactive store environment where customers can find and experience products and services to help them create a pleasant, comfortable lifestyle. More than a retail store, it will be a place that fosters communication and connections between MUJI, customers, local communities, and society in general. Through this, the company hopes to contribute to the creation of new innovations and a better quality of life.

As a flagship store, MUJI Atrium will offer many products and services never seen before in Canada. Additional details regarding the store will be released at a later date.

https://www.muji.com/ca/blog/20181018_1157/

4 years after opening in Canada, MUJI will be re-opening their Atrium Canadian flagship store on Friday, November 23 at 20 Dundas!
While Cafe and Meal MUJI (sadly) doesn't seem to be coming here, the new store will feature a coffee counter, aroma bar, book section, maternity wear, athletic wear and other exclusives.
A "What Is MUJI?" exhibition will also be opening in the former temporary store location at 595 Bay and Dundas. It will be running until just before Christmas.

https://www.muji.com/ca/blog/20181113_1200/

Last edited:
4 years after opening in Canada, MUJI will be re-opening their Atrium Canadian flagship store on Friday, November 23 at 20 Dundas!
While Cafe and Meal MUJI (sadly) doesn't seem to be coming here, the new store will feature a coffee counter, aroma bar, book section, maternity wear, athletic wear and other exclusives.
A "What Is MUJI?" exhibition will also be opening in the former temporary store location at 595 Bay and Dundas. It will be running until just before Christmas.

https://www.muji.com/ca/blog/20181113_1200/

Unfortunate re: Cafe and Meal MUJI not being present - to be fair, it will be shocking if they were given none of the stores outside the Far East have it.

AoD

Back