4.5K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

MrBeast Burger and other ghost kitchens

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Yes, the extremely popular YouTuber, MrBeast, known for his extreme stunts and giveaways, has MrBeast Burger locations in Toronto since February 2021:

Unlike traditional restaurants, MrBeast Burger only has ghost kitchens operating in existing independent restaurants. Its menu can only be ordered through its own app or through certain third-party food delivery apps.

Here's a video from Food Theory (same YouTuber as Game Theory):

Note that the video was made before it served Canada and Europe.

I find this concept interesting.

Last edited:
Yes, the extremely popular YouTuber, MrBeast, known for his extreme stunts and giveaways, has MrBeast Burger locations in Toronto since February 2021:

Unlike traditional restaurants, MrBeast Burger only has ghost kitchens operating in existing independent restaurants. Its menu can only be ordered through its own app or through certain third-party food delivery apps.

Here's a video from Food Theory (same YouTuber as Game Theory):

Note that the video was made before it served Canada and Europe.

I find this concept interesting.

I wonder how these ghost kitchens will deal with health and safety requirements as a distinct entity.

AoD

I think the idea is that they are existing restaurants that are contracted to make food for delivery orders under the new brand.

I think the idea is that they are existing restaurants that are contracted to make food for delivery orders under the new brand.
That is correct.

According to the Food Theory video, MrBeast pays various existing restaurants to cook his branded burgers to be delivered via app since doing so is much cheaper than setting up a dedicated physical location. The host restaurant can use their cooking staff to cook MrBeast's burgers instead of being idle (due to reduced demand for dine-in). The host restaurant gets revenue, MrBeast gets revenue, and the third-party apps get revenue.

Many dedicated ghost kitchens also set up in industrial areas as décor and indoor dining areas are completely unnecessary.

Right. What he's doing isn't really a "ghost kitchen". It's a simple sub-contract of the food preparation. That is rare, but not unheard of, and was something done even many years ago. A true "ghost kitchen" is purpose built to offer only its own menu (or the menu of whoever leases it from an owner that built it out specifically for lease income). They don't even have to be in industrial areas; it can be a repurposed commercial space in a lower rent, or otherwise undesirable retail area too (or illegally in someone's residence--though that's a differnet kind of ghost). I suspect some commercail spaces on Queen East have been converted to these operations.

Last edited:

Back