News   Jul 29, 2024
 158     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 310     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Moving to Toronto from the UK & need advice!

chaddsuk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi there ,

Im thinking of moving out to Toronto to live at some point next year and wondered if anyone knew where to find rental property?

I am from sheffield in England and dont have much of a clue when it comes to renting property in Toronto!, Im looking for a homes with at least three bedrooms.

Hope you are all well :)

Chris

I assume you know you can't just move here. You need a visa if you want to stay longer than 3 months and if you want to work. If you have all that sorted out I presume that if you want 3 bedrooms you have a family so I would STRONGLY advise you to visit for a few days. Toronto is a large City with very varied neighbourhoods. Presumably you will want to be able to get to work easily, you will want to be near decent schools etc etc. In short, you can't reasonably chose which neighbourhood in which you want to live without visiting. Once you know the area(s) you prefer you can read the online newspapers, check Craig's List or even hire a real estate agent here.

DSC gives good advice above. In conversations I have had with people who are new to Toronto, a point which is frequently raised is that they are surprised at the length of commuting distances and times. You will probably want to locate work first, before making any longer-term commitments as to where to live.

Best wishes.

I used Desi Movers and while they were generally competent, they charged more than what their initial quote was. Beware.

Back